Tuesday 19 October 2010

External Sound Card - laptop, external sound card


If you notice there are reviews all over the place. The reason for this is because those that are not getting good performance are not setting them up correctly in windows. After you install the USB device in a USB 2 connector (not a USB 1) you have to go into the windows volume control panel and be sure to select it (USB) as the device to be used. Otherwise it will still be set on your internal sound card. It is best to disable the internal sound card or else you may end up with noise you don't want. If you set it up correctly it works beautifully and for a fraction of the cost of a new soundcard. USB 2.0 External 5.1 Channel 3D Sound Card Adapter for PC Notebook Laptop

I love it, it works well with my PS3 and PC, it has great sound through the Headphones, it is very good if you dont want to spend the extra money on a PS3 headset when you can buy a PC headset for $5 or less, so it is alot cheaper alternative for a PS3 headset!

I got this adapter as a replacement for my broken headphone jack which I used to plug my speakers into.



With the adapter (Used in conjunction with my Logitech X-240 Speakers), however, there is a small, but noticeable, amount of static coming from some songs. I can't be sure as to what causes the static, but in the songs where it does occur, lowering the 8K and 16K settings in the iTunes equalizer makes most of it go away.



But, if you're like me and like loud music, you will be disappointed. Turning up the volume makes the speakers sound like they're going to blow out any second. This didn't use to happen when I didn't need the adapter.



In review: It's not terrible, but not great. Not for loud music fans.

Needed to buy this after the microphone jack from my laptop broke. It's easy to use (just plug it in) and the sound I get on the headphone is very good. However, the sound recorded from the microphone has quite a bit of background noise and I am told that I'm hard to understand when making phone calls through Skype since there are some 'clicking' noises (could be some interference with other laptop components?). But for less than 10$ it's ok (would have spent 4 times as much in a store).

This one worked well as my secondary sound card with my Mixmeister Pro that I DJ with. I plugged it into my laptop with Vista and it configured to my laptop with no problem. This secondary sound card allows me to hear the cued up songs while the main sound card on my laptop is playing the music on the club's stereo system.



I was having problems with an older sound card that wasn't working well with Vista. The thing kept losing power to it. I needed a replacement and this sound card here was cheap enough to give it a shot. This sound card so far works with Vista and has no given me any problems. Two thumbs up for that!



I would suggest using a usb extension on this sound card so, you don't wear out your usb connection on you pc. Plugging and unplugging cable from this sound card every weekend for me would wear out my usb connection. Plus it seemed like the weight from my audio cable was prying down on my sound card looking like it could possible wear out the USB Connection on my laptop. The USB extension will help prevent the USB connection on your pc from wearing out if you are going to be plugging and unplugging things from it.



I only wish this sound card was a little bit louder. I have trouble sometimes hearing it when the music in the club is blasting. No biggie though. I can always buy a professional set of headphones to fix this problem.



I am glad this sound card flickers a light when there is music flowing through it. It lets me know I have power to it and it working.



I would recommend buying this sound card for sure. They should raise the price of this product...it's too cheap!!! I'm only kidding...please don't raise the price...haha!!!

I use a laptop and I was having problems with the sound for a while. The jack got messed up somehow so I could only hear if I had my headphones pugged into the jack at some odd angle and I constantly had to wiggle it into place. After a while that didn't work anymore so I had to find an alternative...I bought this thing. It works. When I first plugged it in I was surprised that it actually worked but I wasn't blown away by the sound quality. I was just happy I could hear something. Anyway, it has been a few days and it still works but not very well. There is lots of static in the background and sometimes the sound cuts off completely. Also, itunes doesn't always recognize it but WMP does. I don't get that. This product is very cheaply made. I don't recommend it. There has got to be something better out there!

i bought this item so i can use it with "Djay" so i can pre-cue music. i used it on my macbook pro and it worked fine. The sound quality is not the best it sounds rough, but like i said i only bought it so i can pre-cue music through the headphones. u cant go wrong with the price. overall it got the job done for me..

My company provided me a laptop for business use, and to make sure, ordered it from Lenovo without the sound hardware.



This device allows me to view You Tube videos now with sound. It works fine. Just plugged it in and it works.



It's a little bulky, and when plugged in to my side USB port, it elevates the computer such that the weight is taken by the device. I have to put the laptop on a book when I use this adapter and have the adapter hang over the side of the book (we are talking about 1/4 inch) Also, I don't like how the LED flashes constantly when audio streams thru.



It is inexpensive and works well except for the few negatives mentioned.

My laptop audio jack has a short in it and only works on the left side. I got this as a cheap work-around. It works, but is by no means "studio quality". At high volume there is distortion. For the price it will do the job for now. - Usb Audio Interface - Laptop - Usb Sound Card - External Sound Card'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


External Sound Card - laptop, external sound card laptop External Sound Card - laptop, external sound card