Tuesday 19 October 2010

Rechargeable Ladies Razor - electric razor, panasonic


I decided to go with this model because of the pivoting head and the bikini attachment. When I was a teenager, my mom bought me a ladies electric shaver. It was nice for using in or out of the shower, but the battery died on it pretty quick. I've realized now that I hate shaving with a razor in the shower. I just have a shower stall, not a bathtub/shower unit, so it's very cramped and uncomfortable. I wanted something I could use in or out of the shower and that would be quick.



The key thing to remember with an electric shaver is it's not going to give you as close of a shave as a razor. If you think it will, you'll be disappointed. With that in mind, I was VERY satisfied with this shaver's performance. I've tried it now both wet and dry. It is quick to use and easy to clean. It didn't cause the shave itch I normally get right out of the shower after I shave my legs. It worked very well for tidying up my nether region. Again, no itch and it was quick. The attachment was very easy to get on and off.



The downsides to the product are: the switches are a little hard to operate in the shower when your hands are wet. If you are using the bikini trimmer attachment in the shower, you need to go a little slow because wet hair tends to clog things. I can't shave my armpits with this. The skin there is too delicate, so I have to stick to a single swipe with a razor there.



I gave this 5 stars because it exceeded my expectations. It's a much closer shave than my old electric shaver and it's quick - much quicker than shaving with a razor. The results were a bit better than how my legs would feel the day after a razor shave. The shaver is very quiet and easy for me to maneuver in my hands, wet or dry.



Tips: Don't press down hard while you shave - go smooth and light over your skin. If you are shaving dry, pull the skin taut above where you are shaving. You get very good, very close and very quick results that way. Panasonic ES2216PC Close Curves Wet/Dry Ladies Shaver with Bikini Attachment, Mauve

I was hesitant to purchase this shave due to the mixed reviews, but decided to give it a chance for two reasons- first, Panasonic's webpage claims this razor has the sharpest blades (based on a 2004 comparison, I wished it was more recent) and the fact that the replacement blades for my Venus razor seem to get more expensive each time I purchase them. I was also sick of the razor burn on my bikini line, as well as the ingrown hairs. I am very satisfied so far. According to the instructions, the shave should get closer over the first three weeks of use; however, the shave out of the box is a smooth one and I have stopped getting razor burn and ingrown hairs, and the razor is not loud! I am very pleased so far.

I had a Remington wet/dry that finally got outdated and I thought to replace it. I did a lot of research and decided to try this Panasonic. I was really excited when it got here and the first time I used it I loved it and was all set to write a raving review. But I thought I should wait a couple weeks. I am very unhappy with it, as it turns out. I wish I had my Remington back (or got a new Remington). Yes, the Remington is a little louder. But this one is loud too - you can hear both of them from many rooms away. So really, that's not a big deal.



What got me is two things with this one:

1) The sides that hold the razor in place are taller than the razor area. So when you go to get a close shave, the sides of the unit scratch/scrape your leg. It is plastic, so no blood drawn or anything, but it doesn't feel good. Has no one else noticed this? I went to do a quick shave on my calves and ended up with stripes from the sides of the unit scraping my legs. And it didn't even get the little stubble. I didn't think the Remington was that fantastic, but it did better than this.

2) It vents out the cut hair once in a while all over your leg. You could be shaving along la di da and all of a sudden get a huge area of hair. I thought "I already went over that area?" but it was just the hair that got spit out from the razor. It is a little gross, I'm always wiping the cut hair off my leg.



Another disadvantage is that this one's charger plugs straight into the outlet, instead of having a cord. So I have to find an outlet to leave it in to charge that my kids won't get to. I like the cord better, so I can plug the cord in behind my dresser and have it sitting on top of my dresser in the little charger base. This one, you have to put the razor in the charger directly into the outlet. I could deal with this though if it didn't spit hair out all over my leg or leave scrapes down my leg.

I have very sensitive skin and need to use an electric razor on my underarms to avoid razor burn. My last two electric razors have been Remington, the most recent being the one with the gold foil for sensitive skin. No matter how lightly I pressed with the Remington, I would still get razor burn as if I had shaved with a real razor. The same is true of when I shave my legs.



I have only been using this Panasonic razor for less than a month, but I have already noticed significantly less razor burn. If I press too hard, it will still cause it. But really there is no need to press very hard at all.



Some of the reviews I saw talked about how loud this razor is and to never use it when you have company. Well, it is much quieter than my Remington razors. Yes, you can hear it when it is on. But it's not like a jet engine or anything!



My only real complaint is that the little green strip that goes in between the foil can scratch a little if you're pressing too hard. I sometimes press a little harder on my legs to try to get a closer shave. (I try to get that delicate balance between razor burn and closeness!) Another issue, though small, is the travel pouch it comes in. It is just a nylon bag that really doesn't protect it at all.



I do really like the pivoting head, though. I was undecided whether that would really make a difference, since I'd never had one that pivoted before. Well, it really does make it easier to shave around your knees and ankles. You can change it from pivoting a lot to just a little. I also like that you can just run it under the faucet to clean the hairs off when you are done using it. The head comes off so you can rinse it. It goes on easily, though you have to be a little bit careful to make sure both ends snap on. The charger is sturdy and not too bulky. It stays standing upright better than both of my Remington stands.



I have not tried the bikini trimmer yet, as I am a little nervous to, after reading how many people had issues with it. I use a Wahl beard and mustache trimmer with a guard now that works perfectly, so that really wasn't anything I anticipated using.



Overall, I am so far very pleased with the razor and think I will like it more than my Remington shavers. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because of the tiny bit of scratching and the very slight razor burn. I have to have something be PERFECT to give five stars! I think you can definitely see the difference between this mid-priced razor and the cheaper $20 store versions. I'd recommend spending the extra money! - Electric Razor - Panasonic - Ladies Razor - Electric Razors'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Rechargeable Ladies Razor - electric razor, panasonic ladies razor Rechargeable Ladies Razor - electric razor, panasonic