Tuesday 19 October 2010

Car Mount - motorola droid, droid


Great way to turn your Droid into a mounted GPS unit and make voice calls, as soon as you pop it into the holder it switches to "car mode", which makes it simple to switch from GPS to voicecall or voice search. Verizon wanted 65$ for this in store. When it's in the holder and the charger is plugged in it stays illuminated, without the charger it goes to sleep after one or two minutes. The charger lights up so you know it's working. Motorola 89396N Window Mount for Motorola Droid A855

I use this mount often for navigation and playing music through my phone. The mount is great, swivels in every direction. It is sturdy on the windown mount. Charger works well, looks cool. My only issue was with the adhesive disk to mount to the dash. It gets hot and the sticky backing comes off the plastic part, so its pretty useless. The window mount works great though. I would reccomend this for mounting your droid to your windsheild.

We used this on our trip to Maine and the mounting worked perfectly. We used it on the windshield and tilted the phone sideways. (The arm is articulated for many positions). It was very hot and humid some days and the seal held just fine. The lock in motion could be done easily with one hand. I never felt like the Droid was going to fall out or shake. Great little gadget.

I like this mount it can move around to fit about any position, but the one thing i dont like is that they didnt make it big enough to have the back part my case to fit in the mount. so everytime i go to use it i have to take the back portion of the case off.. not a big deal but it is a pain when i get in and out of my car all the time.

I purchased this mount so I would have a backup device for my Garmin GPS and, because it works so well, I have all but stopped using the Garmin because it's so convenient to take my "GPS" off of my hip and snap it to the windshield. The mount is sturdy and the cool blue glow off of the lighter plug is ... well ... cool. The Droid recognizes that it is in an auto mount and switches to the car interface. I have zero complaints. You can't go wrong with this mount.

This fits my Droid perfectly and automatically switches my phone to Car mode when mounted. I wish the mount would fold up into something smaller to take up less room in my bag. As a car renter, I can't just toss it in the glove compartment when I'm done. Also wish i didn't have to keep removing the protective cover on my phone for it to fit. Otherwise, it works very well!

The Car Dock has been working great. I use it everyday during my commute to/from work. I already had a car charger when I purchased this set, but when the package arrived I realized that the charger that was included was a 'Rapid Rate Charger'. The installation was simple. I initially installed the dock on my dash, however I soon learned that when the car reaches a certain temperature during the hot summer days, the adhesive on the disk they provide for mounting on the dash, no longer stuck to the dash. Not a deal breaker, I just mounted to the windshield and it works great.

This mount was very easy to install, directions were easy to read and understand.

Mounts to windshield or dashboard. Cannot have a cover on your phone when putting

it in the holder..so you would have to remove and case before hand....that is the

only downfall...other than that it is great. I am very pleased with this purchase. - Motorola Droid - Car Charger - Car Mount - Droid'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Car Mount - motorola droid, droid droid Car Mount - motorola droid, droid