Thursday 21 October 2010

Seiko Automatic - mens watch, seiko automatic


Great watch, it's slightly big for my wrist but should fit most fine. The band is worthless, replace immediately, it's cloth (that stinks) and leather (that breaks). The mineral glass if of decent quality, with a rubber band it takes a beating, water, dust and keeps going. Good adventure watch. Wenger Swiss Military Men's 72915 Classic Field Black Dial Canvas Leather Military Watch

I think before I say anything about this watch, that I was given one of these as a present for Christmas many years ago. I wore it every day for probably about 4 to 5 years and I can assure you that this watch is exactly the same as the one I got. Whats the problem you might ask? My parents got it for me at Walgreens for about 15 dollars. This is priced at about 115 dollars on here as I write this, what the heck?



Anyway, more on topic to the watch.



First off, I was never annoyed with this watch on any level. It is pretty damn comfortable and simple. Its easy to read while moving around or running. Its extremely simple to change the time and date (like on most watches) and its not pretentious in looks or colors.



That said though, there are a couple things to note. The watch band is a strange nylon and fake-leather at the ends and on the latch. While this never proved to be a problem on the comfort, style or durability level (at least for 4 or 5 years), it proved to be a problem later when the watch band started to smell in the nylon parts. Since it is a bunch of strands of nylon weaved together, it absorbs sweat over time and the smell basically never comes out. This is only noticeable (in my case) when you are specifically smelling the watch, which during regular use doesn't happen anyway.



The watch in terms of mechanical durability is pretty wicked. Considering I got it when I was just 12 years old, I bashed it around like crazy and not only does the watch still work, but the outer shell and the crystal is still completely unscratched. The watch's only weakpoint is the strap. While the nylon is brilliant in terms of lightness, breatheability and strength, the pseudo-leather at the latch and the ends of the strap are not nearly as strong. They finally after years of constant use gave way and its ripped on the bottom connecting point and one of the latch holes seems to have cracked the leather, meaning its being held together just by the stitched on outer black shiny layer.



However, remember that I was merely 12 when I started wearing this. I probably had no sense of material preservation and therefore, I cannot say it was treated with care during its lifetime. So then in the sense of durability, I have to say this watch definitely went above and beyond the call of duty considering it costed just 15 dollars and we only had to replace the battery only once.



The face of the watch is dreadfully simple. Most would say the lack of bells and whistles makes this bad, but it actually makes it amazing on a number of levels. First off, remember that every extra dial and feature is just another thing to possibly go wrong. Also recall that those watches tend to use more battery power in the long term because of all the extra mechanical things the motor has to do. Finally, and most importantly, it means the watch is quick to read. I can't think of a situation where I had difficulty reading it (the numbers glow in the dark enough so you can see the numbers in pitch black, it works).



The watch holds its time pretty well considering how cheap it was. I estimated when I was younger that this thing was a second slow over the course of about 2 weeks (I knew this because I timed my watch to the second the bell rang, so I easily tracked this fact inadvertently over my years in middle school and high school).



There really isn't much else to say, now that I am 19 I can say that this was the best watch I ever owned. My most recent watch is an Armitron I bought at Walmart for 30 dollars. It got a major scratch (in my opinion) on the face of it, which is driving me nuts. Its why I am looking for a new watch now, and why I when I saw this watch, I felt the need to write a review.



I still have the watch, it held up honorably to a turbulent time in my life, so it should easily serve others as well as it served me.

I bought this watch to replace a canvas strap Bulova field watch I lost not to long ago. The watch itself feels sturdy and heavy (which I personally like), but the watch strap feels and looks a little cheap. I expect to replace the strap because I can easily see the leather cracking or splitting at a bend. Other than that, it seems to be very reliable and functional. Decent watch for the price.

I got this watch as a Birthday present. I work as a paramedic and like having an analog watch with a second hand to take heart and respiratory rates with. I really liked the style, size, and simple function of this Wenger.



Everything was great until I tried to change the date- when I pulled the stem to the middle position it would not engage to change the date. Changed the time fine in the outer position, but would not change the date at all.



I exchanged the watch for another Wenger (same make and model) and tried it right there in the store. The next watch had the same problem! Not sure if this is a bad batch or what, but regardless of if it was, two bad Wenger's in a row was enough to have me shopping for another brand.



I dont believe Wenger is the same quality they were in the past.

This is a very nice watch for the price. The only point I want to make is that the picture that shows the size (with ruler next to it) is totally wrong. The diameter is about 4cm, and about 4.3cm including the nub. I kept mine but if you are not looking for a large watch, look elsewhere. - Mens Watch - Seiko Automatic - Military Watch - Eco-drive'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Seiko Automatic - mens watch, seiko automatic military watch Seiko Automatic - mens watch, seiko automatic