Thursday 21 October 2010

Stainless Steel - e-reader, watches


I bought this watch to use while traveling. Day to day, I use my mobile phone as a watch. Obviously that doesn't work on long flights, and I usually don't get a SIM card to use my phone when I'm in foreign countries. This watch filled the gap admirably on my recent trip. I banged it on things a few times while dragging luggage onto elevators and such, and it came through just fine.



It's a reasonably handsome watch, and the leather band seems high quality and durable. It has the old-fashioned stem for setting time, and setting the date the first time is quite tedious because you have to spin through all the days (or at least I have not discovered a short cut for that). However, this is what we all did before digital watches, so it's a minor annoyance.



This is nice enough to wear to formal events, and rugged enough to use just about anywhere. I'm glad I got it. Even though I have not worn a watch in six years, having this thing on my recent plane/train intensive trip was a major convenience. Wenger Swiss Military Men's 62935-16908 Classic Field Black Leather Watch and Swiss Army Knife Gift Set

i purchased this watch for my husband for his father's day gift. He really liked the look of it. When he put it on the fit was really good, the watch that he has now turns on him because of the band and he has to turn the face of the watch to see it. He has decided that he is going to keep this watch for wearing when he is not at work. I am really happy with the purchase, and would buy it again.

I love this watch. I've had it for a week now and just enjoy wearing it. The bright numbers against the dark background, along with a larger sized dial, make it just so easy to read, especially when I only have a fraction of a second to take a quick glance while leading a group. I have a small wrist, so the band fits into the next to smallest hole, but it is comfortable. This was a gift to myself and I really am loving it.

A person must know what they are looking for in a watch. For my part I was looking for durability, legibility, and accuracy. Time will tell about the durability but it appears to be very well made. It is excellent in legibility and accuracy. I don't believe I have ever paid this much for a watch but I don't regret the investment. I am looking forward to many years ahead with this timepiece.

Okay.. I purchased this watch to replace a Timex Weekender that I previously purchased. The Timex kept loosing time and I've owned Wenger watches before so I forked over the extra $40. So far so good. The leather band is stiff but that will change after a day or two of wear.



The watch face is large and the numbers big making it ideal for my aging eyes to read. The watch is solid and some may find it heavy if your coming from a lighter weight digital watch. It's much heavier than the older field watches Wenger used to make.



All in all, no regrets. I do wish they had a backlight feature but I'll learn to live without. No regrets on spending the extra cash for a quality watch.

O BOUGHT IT FOR FATHER'S DAY... MY DAD WAS AMAZED BY THE GIFT SET AND ITS CONTENT! THE KNIFE IS VERY USEFUL AND EASY TO CARRY EVERYWHERE... THE WATCH IS THE PERFECT COMPLIMENT! THE BEST THING: ITS PRICE! - Ebook - Kindle - Watches - E-reader'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Stainless Steel - e-reader, watches e-reader Stainless Steel - e-reader, watches