Wednesday 20 October 2010

Dvd Repair - dvd repair, aleratec


My 2 yr old got ahold of our ENTIRE dvd collection. I think she tried to polish the brick fireplace with all the discs! I tried other cheaper items before trying the Aleratec. Nothing worked before this item. I CANNOT BELIVE how well this works!! Some discs still have small glitches in a few spots - but it's good enough for this family!! Every disc that I've repaired has had just amazing results! The discs still appear kinda scratched. I mean... you couldn't list them in "like new" condition on ebay. But the important part, is that they WORK once again!! I would HIGHLY recomend this to anybody that has a few destructive kids in the household. You just never know when they'll sneak into things and try to destory them! The Aleratec disc repair is INCREDIBLE!!! Aleratec 240131 DVD/CD Disc Repair Plus Kit

I've had a great deal of success with this machine once I learned the art of using it, so I've just bought my second one. Why would I buy a second one, you ask? Because the new machine, with 4 new spin heads and each of the three types of refill kits cost me about $31 after shipping. Individually, each of the refill kits cost about $17 with shipping, so, rather than pay $51 for refills, I'll save $20 and get another machine free!

I bought my machine around May of last year, and since then it's still kickin. I have had no problems with this machine yet, and it seems to be doing just as it says. Some of my cd's that were "beyond the point of no return" were fixed with this interesting device. It even leaves a circular disc pattern on the back of the disc which looks a lot better then those deep scratches. The one drawback is how expensive the refill's are, but if you only use this a few times a year you should be set.

Overall I would have to say to purchase this product.

I purchased this based on many positive recommendations. It worked fairly well, repairing several DVDs that had light scratches and scuff marks. However, I found that moderately deep scratches cannot be repaired with this device. Also, the buffing heads tend to leave circular marks all over the disk, which the polishing heads can't completely remove.



The reason I only give it 2 stars is that it stopped working after less than a year!

I bought this product hoping to fix a minor scratch in a Windows installation CD that was preventing me from installing it. I followed the instructions in the book, and put it through both the buffing and repair cycles. After it was finished, the disc didn't work any better than before, and there were circular marks left on the disc from the process. I tried it again and again as was suggested in the instructions, and it never fixed the disc to workable condition. Afterwards, I tried other CDs to see if my Windows disc merely didn't fall into the "99%" of CDs that this product supposedly fixes, and this machine failed to fix them either. Don't waste your money on this product.

I bought this to repair a stack of about 100 CDs most with significant scratches. I get the best results if I run the scrachted CDs several times in the 'buffing' cycle, which essentially sands a thin layer of plastic from the disk. Then once through the 'repair' process where a layer of protective coating is applied to the disk. This has worked for all the CDs I tried it on (4). The problem is the buffing disks are only good for about 15 cycles. which translates into fixing about 4-6 disks. Then you have to buy the refills at $24. So before buying this kit ask yourself whether your disks are worth $5 each to repair (mine weren't).



The machine also comes with a cleaning kit / solution. In my experience windex / warm water work just a well for dirty CDs. So this does not really add value.

This is a great machine that has saved many discs! I typically use the liquid scratch repair kits, but sometimes they are just not enough. Keep in mind, this is not a 1,000 dollar machine and will not save discs that have very severe grooves. Overall, it has more than paid itself off.

I have used this machine to clean up probably 30 DVDs and Cds and so far it seems to work great. If there are any really deep scratches of course they are coasters but for scuffed and minor scratches and slight skipping it has saved most of the ones I've used it on.

It is excellent, get a scratch on a dvd/cd and it can spoil the entire disk..Odd, you asked today for tonight I had a dvd skip, jump and jerk and when I looked at the disk I could see all the scratches and marks on it, popped it in the machine, put 3 drops of their magic fluid on the dvd repair wheel and let the repair unit run it's course..I am playing the repaired dvd now and it is running without a glitch..I think the Alteratec dvd repair unit is fantastic, sincerely, --Phyllis - Aleratec - Cd Repair - Cd And Dvd Polisher - Dvd Repair'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dvd Repair - dvd repair, aleratec cd repair Dvd Repair - dvd repair, aleratec