Saturday 30 October 2010

Moeller Marine - electrical equipment, boating


The box, without the top has a 9 inches height. A group 27 battery case is ~ 8 inches in height. If you strap down the box as directed, the battery can bounce up and down inside the box when crossing waves, putting unnecessary strain on the battery cables. The old Attwood box I have is 8 inches height without the top. Unfortunately the new Attwood boxes appear to have the same problem. To tie down my battery properly, I am going to have to cut 1 inch off the box, including the handles to properly secure my battery. I think West Marine sells a box with the correct height, but I am stuck with this one for now. Not worth the shipping cost to return the item. Moeller Injection-Molded Marine Battery Box (One 27, 30 or 31-Series Battery, 13.44" x 7.75" x 10.5")

This item purchased for a camper has performed well and has stood up to at least a full year's worth of use. It still appears new and has no visual damage from its continued use. Would recommend or purchase again if needed.

Grabbed this item for a solar project I'm working on. My UPG Group 30 battery fits perfectly inside the box with just enough wiggle room on the sides so I could customize my box with gauges and other fittings. The plastic is very sturdy and fits onto a hand truck for convenient movement. Couldn't be more pleased. - Moeller Marine - Boating - Rv - Electrical Equipment'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Moeller Marine - electrical equipment, boating electrical equipment Moeller Marine - electrical equipment, boating