Wednesday 20 October 2010

Hdmi Cables - hdmi cables, blueproton


This HDMI cable is 3D ready and is ideal for use with newer 3D TVs, AV receivers, and other "HDMI Version 1.4" devices. Acoustic Research is a brand name of Audiovox, BTW. The first thing I noticed was that these cables are kinda good lookin' because you can see the cables through the clear plastic packaging. The second thing I noticed was how difficult it was to open the plastic package to remove the cable. The third thing I noticed was the plastic package doesn't have the recycle logo anywhere on it, so the empties are headed to the landfill instead of the recycle bin - much to my dismay. I've had similar experiences with other customer electronics products, but I really wish that companies would package their products in a more environmentally friendly way and secure them without the enduser having to breakout a box cutter or tin snips and all the inconvenience & risk of personal injury to remove the item from the package. Now for the good stuff -



There are two things I noticed after the fact that I find worth mentioning. This particular item is P/N: PR384. Its part of the Acoustic Research's PRO 3 family of HDMI cables. The front of the package has a lot of specifications...good information, but it blends audio, video and computer specifications together. For example, the HDMI cable supports communication rates of up to 17.8 Gbps, 48 bit color depth, 2160p resolution, its 3D ready and supports up to 600Hz tv refresh rates.

This particular cable is a 3' length. I also bought a couple of 6' cables to accommodate devices that were further away from my receiver in my tv stand. The part number for the 6' is PR385. Its essentially the same PRO 3 family of cable - its just a longer cable - or so I thought. When I compared the packages for the 3' cable and the 6' cable side by side, I realized the max rated refresh rate on the 6' cable was only 240Hz...its a great refresh rate, although my Plasma tv has a 600Hz subfield. I suppose it may not matter since most devices don't require that kind of refresh rate, but still I found it odd. Without getting too techie, I think the longer the cable is, the more the signal will degrade when it travels through it. I just would think 6' or less shouldn't matter that much.



The second thing I noticed was the Future Connectivity Guarantee that's on the back of the package. Basically, its says that if your future purchased HDMI-capable devices surpass the performance of the PRO 3 HDMI cable, Acoustic Research will upgrade the cable for free. It sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how relevant it is. Just in the past 20 years, we went from composite video to S-video and component video to DVI and now HDMI. Most likely in the future we will outgrow HDMI and it will be replaced by a new standard that will be implemented in next gen devices, so this guarantee may be a moot point. But then again, you never can tell.



Aside from that, I think you'll find these are great cables...they are reasonably priced cables compared to alternative "high end" HDMI cables like the Monster cable M series HDMI cables or the audioquest "chocolate" or cinnamon cables. The bottom line, these Acoustic Research 3D ready HDMI cables are well constructed, high performance cables with a lifetime warranty. Acoustic Research PRO3 Series PR384 HDMI Cable (3 feet)

Good cable, works like a charm. However, don't understand what 600Hz means on the front of package. My Panasonic G25 is 600Hz Subfield refresh rate, but how does that work with this cable. The refresh rate is inside the TV, not via cable box from what I understand since I'm not electronic geek. Any suggestions Audio Research? Good cable though and would buy this anytime. - Hdmi Cables - Blueproton'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Hdmi Cables - hdmi cables, blueproton blueproton Hdmi Cables - hdmi cables, blueproton