Wednesday 20 October 2010

Anime Collection - anime dvd, box set


If you are a red blooded male you will like this series. When I bought this set I was a little apprehensive because I had not heard anything about it. However, after the first couple of episodes, which build the storyline, this show starts to really pick up the pace, and it never slows down. If you have enjoyed series like Rurouni Kenshin and Outlaw Star then you'll love this, as it is, in my opinion a combination of the two at least with regard to the themes it has. For fans of shonen anime with epic battles and valuable lessons, the Black Cat box set is a must see. Black Cat: The Complete Series

Every once in a while a series will come along that will capture your attention so much that you will neglect food and sleep in order to devour the series. This is one of those anime's. This was one of those rare animes that I finished the same day I started it. Here is my usual rundown of the series.



Pros:

- The characters (specifically Train, Sven, and Eve) are all likable and bring their own strengths to the team. You will form a connection with each and every one.

- Almost every character in the series are dynamic and show some sort of character development.

- The characters all have minds of their own, even if they are part of an organization, they are not slaves of that organization. They will not blindly follow orders that goes against their beliefs, morals, and in many cases passions. This is a rare thing that separates this series from many others.

- Constantly keeps you guessing as to who the real "bad guys" are. Many time's individuals are just fighting for what they believe in. This makes it difficult to just categorize them as good and bad.

- Plenty of political intrigue with many different organizations including the Sweepers, Chronos, and the Apostles of the Star.

- Very similar and in my eyes surpasses Get Backers seasons 1 and 2

- Absolutely never devoid of intertwining plots and action.



- Cons



- After watching it in one day...I was tired the next

- Although there were a few casualties, many of the main characters were "invincible". This is very common throughout most anime's, but it lowers the suspense slightly.



Without a doubt one of the best series I've ever seen. If you have the funds, GET IT NOW. You will not regret it!

"I'm here to bring you some bad luck."

...he's also here apparently to bring us some awesome entertainment.



I expected the series to be bad. I saw trailers that looked really awful, and things that look cliched... but, I was pleasantly mistaken.



The series is amazing. It has a rich and broad cast of a variety of characters, nods to other animes, such as Trigun, Evangelion, Outlaw Star, Dragon Ball Z, and Ranma 1/2, and though there are alot of typical anime cliches in it, they are all executed to the highest quality.



The main characters do seem to be invincible though, and for some reason, ungodly amazing. Its a common thing in anime, and it does make things a little less believable sometimes, like, why is X person so damn important that this is happening? It also can bring down suspense, but not to the point where you care. I can honestly say, that even though that may be a rather annoying point, I didn't even really notice until I read someones review and thought "oh yeah... that IS true." so yes, its true, but, it doesn't matter too much, if you ask me. It doesn't seem to really HURT the series a great deal.



The story is well thought out and goes together fluidly, not a single string left unwoven, and the ending is amazing, unexpected, and thrilling to the last moment. The series is flawlessly both hilarious, and also heart warming and touching, without any missteps. Though the beginning could have been built up better, its really a minor complaint, in a series that does not stop delivering! I have not a single complaint with the series, except why isn't there more!!!



Pros:



Nods to other clasics, something a true Otaku can appreciate

BEAUTIFUL art, and creative and unique animation style

Great story, leaves nothing out

TONS of rich and interesting characters

Plot twists and turns

Really interesting villain and hero

Funny and fun to watch but also heart warming and beautiful



Cons:



beginning could have been done better, but, that's really minor

Main characters on "God Mode" so to speak.

I wish it didn't end! its so good!



Seriously its amazing! buy it, watch it, you wont be disappointed!

Black Cat is just plan WOW! It's just fun, very fast pace, never a dull second! The animation is breath taking I loved it! The charathers are funny and likeable and Creed whoa hehe he can give people chills.

The Dub cast Funimation put together was amazing. Thanks Black Cat for making me just Love Anime more and more! ^_^

I got to say it was a great series, plot, art, voice acting just awesome, no real extras, but alittle to fast on the episodes ploting.Funimation does it again by picking another great series and great actors for the series. It is great don't get me wrong but the series ended to fast for me. I think they could of done at least 4-8 more episodes for the right closure of the series. But that's how most of the anime is now and then, they just get a short time to make the series. So I'm not to mad about it. This is a awesome series and anime and the manga is great too.

Well when you watch the first episodes you just get hooked it was just man I couldn't stop watchng it. I just got this series a week ago and watched the whole series in one day. On my only day off man. I couldn't stop watching it. I didn't even go shoot pool and drink with my friends like I do on my day off. Man was they mad dude. :P.



Anyways Train is not like Samurai X ok. If Everybody wanted to say someone was copying someone. Everyone has a idea of



1) A girl and guy meets, boy and girl don't like each other, later boy and girl slowly fall in love.



2) Boy and girl long time friends and find out they was in love.



3) Boy and girl meet and girl falls in love with boy, Boy doesn't like girl but later realize he loves her more than he know.



4) Boy and girl fall in love and have to fight to stay together.



5) Boy and girl fall in love, girl dies or boy dies, then wants revenge or saver on one self.



Ok you get it now right. Many series have the idea but the ploting of how and what happens in the time of all this is what makes it great. I was glad to see Saya for a short time in the series. It was sad to see what happened to her. But understand this is not like samurai X just because it go's a different way of the idea. She is always with him in his mind and heart so you start to feel the pain more with him through out the series. It makes you understand truely what was happening to him and how he felt, even if he never said anything you can tell. As well the idea of what she did in the time she was with him. Even after she is gone. It is alittle sad only on that. Nothing else really is sad in this series to me. I fell in love with everyone in this series and it was sad to see it end. I'm glad to see the anime of a manga set which is not yet complete to come alive. So check it out and it's not Kenshin dude, you just don't know what your talking about dude. Train weird name but he is so kwel man alot of the characters was so kwel, but he was just the best man. I like the name Black Cat too. ;p later



THIS IS WELL WORTH TO WATCH AND THE MONEY, BUT I WOULD BUY IT SOME WHERE ELSE TO. SORRY AMAZON BUT I DO BUY MANGA FROM YOU. ;P - Anime Collection - Box Set - Anime Dvd - Funimation Entertainment'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Anime Collection - anime dvd, box set anime dvd Anime Collection - anime dvd, box set