Wednesday 27 October 2010

Canvas Belts


After going through 2 leather belts (both began falling apart not too long after beginning use; I only wear them for school), I knew I had to find another type of belt to use. [Because obviously leather doesn't like me] This belt feels sturdy and looks fashionable. I'm expecting it to hold up longer than my previous two belts.



And if the belt is too long, the buckle is detachable with a really sturdy clip/clasp so you can cut off any excess. Columbia Men's 38mm Cotton Washed Webbing,Black,42

I bought the black version of this belt and was really pleased with the slightly faded, elegantly casual look and feel. It looks equally good with jeans as well as Dockers. If they had more colors - such as olive, brown and blue - I would almost certainly get those, too. The beige does not go very well with my wardrobe.



If your waist is 40" or more, I would suggest you be a little hesitant about this belt. I wear 38" jeans and there's only about 2" extra on the belt. If your waist is smaller, though, there are very easy instructions for reducing the length of the belt while maintaining its factory look.



The buckle is a bit clunky and occasionally jams a little bit and - initially at least - it was a little difficult opening the buckle. On the flip side, though, the belt serves its function admirably, and there's no danger of it getting loose while you have it on.



I have little hesitation in recommending this belt.

I am a long time Vegan and will only use non leather belts and shoes.

This belt is well made and should last a long, long time. I like the fact that is a full 1 and 1/2 inches wide and it fits with jeans perfectly. It is fully adjustable and you just cut it to fit. You can't got wrong with this purchase and as always with Amazon ordering and receiving it is fast and painless.

What curdles my lunch more often than not, is that nobody seems to proofread their descriptions anymore. Did anyone catch the first statement? "100% leather". Really? Cotton leather, no less. That said, they are right about 100% cotton. But the same make & model I got from Kohl's was a blend of polyester and cotton. And except for one reviewer, you have no idea what the width is. I have many narrower than 1 1/2" wide loops on some pants. But I do like this size webbing as it isn't as wimpy as the military issue. This one is also easier to slip a tape measure hook over the top of it because of it's beefiness. You will get a very decent web belt in this one. And the price here (at this time) is a deal.

I was really disappointed with this belt. After reading the other Amazon reviews I though this was going to be a quality product. Unfortunately, the craftsmanship of the metal feed attached to the canvas is surprisingly bad. You have to struggle to feed it through the buckle and when you release the buckle and try to pull the belt back out, the metal end, being so poorly made, tends to bend at either end, getting stuck in the buckle and preventing you from taking the belt off. Also, the buckle is somewhat sharp and actually tore a hole in one of my shirts. A final caution is that the belt is very wide and will not fit through pant belt loops that are at all narrow.

I bought this belt and the eddie bauer web belt. this one has a better belt color, thicker pin mechanism, and slightly studier material. but i like the darker color and completely rectangular style of the buckle on the e.b. version, hence the 4 star rating. but can't go wrong with this one.

I got this belt to wear with my boat shoes and casual clothes. This belt is so great for the money. I love it and its really stout. I am in the military and I have a couple of military issued belt and this belt makes them all look like a joke. Will buy a few more just in case.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Canvas Belts Canvas Belts Canvas Belts