Tuesday 14 September 2010

Sevylor - boat, inflatable boats


I bought this boat to raft down rivers in Arkansas.

The first trip i took it on it handled very well. i would snag rocks and such from time to time in lower parts of the river and it survived them very well. Then i was going through some rapidity parts and a branch under water sliced the main air part.I was able to patch it with some tent fly repair stuff i had with me (the patches that came with the boat kinda suck cause they have no adhesive with them)

Even with the main air compartment completely deflated I was able to keep floating on the other two (about 165 lbs).

the paddles break easy so watch out.

Not a bad boat for the money. Sevylor Colossus 2-Person Inflatable Boat

We have purchased the boat for our 6 year old and his cousins. The boat is of good quality considering its price. It come with everything that you need to hit the water except the pump. We used it just for 2 days so I cannot say anything about the longevity of the product. The label 2 person boat is misleading.It does not fit 2 adults inside the boat. Two adults can barely sit on the edge of the boat. The boat fits one adult at most, maximum to kids under 10 years. The oars are not very large neither but I would not recommend this boat for long distance rowing to begin with. It is okay to paddle around in a lake or so.

I recently purchased this boat. There are 3 separate sections to inflate. In inflating this for the very first time, 2 of the 3 sections had holes in them. This product could not be used even once as a result.

I bought this boat thinking it was very good. I put it in my swimming pool and my kids started lowering. I saw many bubbles around the boat. I sent it back to amazon and a new one came the next day. I put it in the pool it worked fine, but the next day it was flattened in my backyard with both of the air compartments. So I sent it back to amazon and I will never by that boat again. If you are buying an inflateable boat never buy this one.

The Sevylor Colossus 2-Person Inflatable Boat is OK but not great. The capacity is 450 pounds and that could very well be but there is no way 2 adults or even 1 adult and a medium sized child could be comfortable in it. My first raft was sent with a slow leak that allowed the boat to fully deflate over a 2 day period. I tried to find it but couldn't locate it. I exchanged the raft and while it holds air better it does get slightly softer over time (such as 2 hours). It will not deflate and I am not worried about safety but I do think it is a defect. It is easy to inflate and easy to handle on the water.

As other reviews state fits one small man or two

average/small children.



I use raft to get to a mooring, my sailboat has very little storage so real inflatables are too large to stow when deflated.



NOTE users should use their head and not use in open water, also this raft will not stand up sharp objects ie rocks, sea shells.



After saying all the above this raft is light rows easy, must

consider this boat a very good value!

The picture on the box shows an adult and child sitting in the raft on the water. In reality with only a child in the raft it stays above water, but with some movement will pucker along the rim and allow water into the boat. This is with an 85 lb. boy alone in the raft. Also complicated to row since it sits so low in the water. My son looked like he was trying to skiing on the water rather than paddling.

Also, he was fine on a lake with no wind. But the second time he used the boat there was a light wind. He became very frusterated and afraid when he could not row back to us and had to allow himself to be blown into the bushes (which punctured it) and abandoned the raft. - Boat - Inflatable Boats - Sevylor'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Sevylor - boat, inflatable boats inflatable boats Sevylor - boat, inflatable boats