Tuesday 14 September 2010

Automatic Watch - divers watch, watches


I'm an Arizona bankruptcy lawyer, and when my clients gasp in horror about losing their Rolexes, which are far too expensive to be exempt under Arizona exemption laws, I tell 'em not to worry. I tell 'em to buy an Invicta!



Nine out of ten people won't notice the difference if you normally wear a Rolex and switch to an Invicta (as long as it has the coin bezel, which this watch, per the photo, does).



From the perspective of the moral high ground, this watch doesn't say it's a Rolex. It doesn't have the word Rolex anywhere on it, and it does have the word Invicta featured on the face where the word Rolex would be, and the word Invicta deeply engraved on the edge of the watch on the other side from the stem.



This watch weighs about the same as a Rolex, is water-resistant to the same depth as a Rolex, and is an automatic (self-winding) watch, just like the Rolex Submariner.



The colors are similar as well.



There are two principal differences between this watch and a Rolex. One is that the gold colored links on the Invicta are gold-plated, and they will eventually scratch.



The other is the price; this thing is dramatically less expensive than the BAND on a Rolex, and the quality is similar.



In fact, it costs less to buy this watch than to CLEAN a Rolex!



For traveling, you absolutely want this watch instead of a Rolex, because when you're robbed, you get to think, "hey, now I get to buy a new one!" rather than thinking, "Seven thou out the window!"



Actually, there's another thing. If you file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Arizona, you get to keep this watch. You don't get to keep the Rolex, unless you buy it back from the Arizona Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee.



And, yes, I wear one every day of my life. In and out of the shower or the pool.



And they always run, and never need new batteries. I've never even cleaned one in the many years I've have these, and they, to steal a phrase, just keep ticking.



So does it sound like I like these things? That would be wrong.



I love these watches. Too cool for school. Invicta Men's 8928OB Pro Diver Two-Tone Automatic Watch

Take all of the positive and extensive reviews of this watch, roll them into one, and you have my review. I'm writing mainly to offset the one star review: I spent 50 cents and less than a minute at a country jeweler to have two iinks removed. Most jewelers whom you do business with will take out links free so why mail the watch off? This is an outstanding watch!

Opened the box, and it looked just like the picture. If you look for OB on the Invicta site, you won't find it. Stands for "old bezel" design. I guess Rx thought it looked too much like their's. The current bezel is more scalloped. As a diver, I like the OB as it is easier to move when your fingers are wet. I'll update if the gold starts to come off or if anything else goes wrong, but for now, I give this a: Buy it Now!

Although this was a Christmas present, (I have a great Mother-in-Law) I actually picked it out myself. It is such an impressive watch. Not only is it beautiful, it's heavy, (not in a bad way). You can feel and see the quality in this watch. The blue color is so much more brilliant than the Rolex. I've read that some buyers had trouble with the watch not keeping time. Not me. I set it with my cell phone the day I received it and after the first 2 weeks, when I had to adjust for central time when I flew to Chicago, I checked it against my cell phone and it was on the money. I was on my job site when one of my contractors was the first to mistake it for a Rolex. I was honest with him, but what a great feeling. I already have my next Invicta picked out. Thank you Amazon!

Received my watch in package with glass off the watch. Called customer service. They sent me a replacement, and charged UPS for the damage. Took about a week to receive replacement. Product and warranty is excellent given its price.

I was considering investing $6500.00 for a Rolex Submariner, then $1000.00 for a Tag version of the same watch when I came across this Invicta for $99.00 ! I figured what could I possibly lose ? This watch is absolutely as impressive looking and feeling as either of the aformentioned time pieces. Comes packaged very nicley as well. I've received many compliments on this watch ! It keeps great time; just has to be reset if you don't wear it every day...invest in a watch winder !

Normally Invicta watches are outstanding quality but this one was extremely disappointing. Way below expectations. The band is not stainless steel it is a nickel alloy and the clasp is extremely flimsy. (probably aluminum) The case is solid but the band is very lightweight. The links are definitely not solid. The gold numbers on the dial look orange as does the gold plating on the band. Good gold plating/filling should be yellowish (like solid gold) not orange. This felt like the kind of band that would turn your wrist green after a few months of wear.



The bezel is nice and I prefer the old coin style. Unfortunately that isn't enough to make this a keeper.



I'm a watch fanatic and own multiple automatic watches from all the high end manufacturers. I consider Invicta to be the best watch for the money, bar none. For whatever reason this model or at least this batch with the "Old Bezel" (8928 OB) falls well below what is normally a very solid watch line. Go with something else.

Purchased this watch as upscale option to daily-wearer Invicta 8926OB (similar to stainless "Submariner"). Workmanship looks excellent and beautiful, but don't know re longevity of gold plating, so am very careful with it. Own four Invicta Pro Divers, and they all gain a little time, as is typical of automatic watches - even typical of the watches these tend to emulate (I've owned some). All my Miyota movements have proven very solid and reliable and this one should be no exception. Mineral crystals tend to scratch fairly easily, but Invicta will upgrade to sapphire for about $75 should you desire... Would recommend this watch to anyone, as it seems to be yet another excellent value! - Divers Watch - Automatic - Watches - Automatic Movement'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Automatic Watch - divers watch, watches watches Automatic Watch - divers watch, watches