Thursday 2 September 2010

Recommended - wireless, usb network adapters


it works great with my router. upgrading my laptop internal wireless wasn't a viable option so I figured for the cost I'd try this. With windows 7 64bit edition on our laptop I plugged this usb adapter in and without using it's included cd windows recognized it, installed it's own driver, then I had to log back into my router with this adapter and bam it worked perfect. signal went from 54k to 150k instantly it was amazing. I have another computer still using wired ethernet 100 and this wireless adapter is faster than it. I'm considering upgrading my router to see if I can get even more speed but we'll see about that later. for now I'm totally satisfied. 1000mW Wireless N/G 802.11n/g USB Wifi Network Adapter with 5 dBi antenna Up to 150Mbps

This adapter works as design. Took me some time to go through set up, because some of the options I needed were hidden. But in the end it works as designed.

Keep in mind, this unit is rather big and long and if you are installing it where it is easily accessible, it can be broken off or tripped over.

For my situation I had a desktop with it's back hidden so it worked.

My computer is a seven-year-old Dell desktop, a few dozen feet and a few walls away from our Airport Extreme wireless router. I've been using an almost ten-year-old Linksys USB adapter up to now for Internet connectivity, with a typical connection speed of ~24 Mbps. This Linksys adapter also had a very irritating habit of losing connectivity whenever I disconnected any other USB device, such as an external hard drive or my mobile phone, from my computer; I would have to physically reset the adapter by unplugging its USB cable and reconnecting, in both the original Windows XP and the Windows 7 I've upgraded to. I figured it was time for a change.



This replacement USB adapter, chosen on price and on the number of positive reviews it received, arrived quickly and installed easily three days ago, two or three days after ordering. That ~24 Mbps connection speed almost trebled to 65 Mbps instantly. An equally important benefit to me: I can now disconnect other USB devices from my computer without losing connectivity.



Summary: excellent, inexpensive product that was the perfect solution for my purposes. Recommended for others in similar situations.

I bought this little adapter not expecting a great deal from it. I mainly needed it for when I'm bored at work and "borrow" the near-by (About 1500ft) hotels wifi to entertain myself. My old adapter/booster would work fine until a semi-truck passed by and would block my connection. This was very annoying and after months of fidgeting with my old stuff I finally bought this mainly because it had an external antenna connection. I was going to ditch the included antenna and run a yagi, but after setting this adapter up it already had 25% better signal than my old 1w booster! I was throughly pleased to say the least! I do recommend that you use an usb extension cable because the adapter with the included antenna is a tad heavy. It also helped because I could move the adapter around until I could find signal "sweet spot" in my office. Now I can work on my special "projects" without interruption.

I was having problems with receiving public Wi-Fi in my building downtown. I bought this because of the price and review on it. I was amazed to see that not only did it pick up the public Wi-Fi, but 12 other routers in other businesses around. It also picked up the public library a block away. I bought another one to keep in my computer bag for trips where Hotel Wi-Fi can be hit and miss.

Just got this today . Installed drivers and within ten minutes I was online.I also purchased the amazon brand 9 foot usb extention cable ,so that I could place the device in the best spot to pickup a signal. This was a very good buy. Good price too . At this price take the chance I'm glad I did.

This works perfectly on my Win 7 desktop. Didn't even need the CD manual to install. I don't know how it would be if I was an online gamer, but it works perfectly for netflix, youtube, facebook, etc. etc. Would recommend to friends and family. - Usb Network Adapters - Wireless - Wireless Adapter - Usb Wireless Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Recommended - wireless, usb network adapters wireless adapter Recommended - wireless, usb network adapters