Thursday 2 September 2010

Battery Charger


I haven't done the voltage and charge-discarge test to test it right (and am not the guy to do that,) but I sell batteries, solar electric products and such for a living, and the sound, action and ultimate performace so far is killer. If you get, let's say, B&D 'Firestorm' 18 volt batteries, the charger is DUMB and doesn't know when the battery is charged, when to lay off the battery and keep a voltage-sustaining charge to it (instead of cramming amps into a charged battery and overheating and killing your battery over time.) This one seems to do it right. The Makita stuff is really good, esp. this 'lithium' line of product. I have 6 different tools and they all are really, really good.



The Makita lithium hammer drill is 3 times faster than the B&D CORDED hammer drill I had. I did 200 block-penetrating, hurricane shutter drills with the B&D and then decided to get the Makita.



SO much easier, quiter and quicker with the Makita (and it's a cordless!.) I could have saved myself a lot of time and hearing using quality tools like Makita. Live and learn.



Mt Makita DC18RA Rapid Battery Charger for Li-Ion Batteries

Charger works very well. A welcome upgrade from the standard charger that came with the set. Fast charge allows me to keep working without interuption, and helps because I don't need as many batteries when using multiple tools(drill, circular saw, impact driver, etc.) Definitely recommend.

Makita DC18RA Rapid Battery Charger for Li-Ion Batteries is a very good investment, this is a very good charger it charges the battery fast and if you have two batteries you can continue to work while the other one is charging, that makes it very convient for you, but be careful its very sensitive to power serges (it won't survive).

I've used this with all my 18 volt Makita tools. It has worked perfectly for years. It even tells you when the batteries are bad.

Hint on the batteries: always recharge the batteries when you first notice the power dropping, not when it is almost out of power.

This charger arrived in a timely manner and works excellently. When my 18-volt 3.0 AH batteries are fully depleted, it charges them fully again in about a half hour. I'd recommend this product to anyone using Makita lithium-ion batteries.

I got mine with a Combo kit just over a year ago. It was kept busy charging the 4 batteries I have during a major project. Maximum of 20 minutes to charge a 3 Amp battery from empty. This is what it is supposed to do and it does it.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Battery Charger Battery Charger Battery Charger