Tuesday 24 August 2010

Ups Battery Replacement - ups battery replacement, battery replacement


Arrived as promised. Unpacked it. Charged it 24 hrs and installed it without any trouble into my computer's UPS. So cool to have this shipped free by Amazon. And it saved me so much money b/c I didn't have to replace my UPS. Thanks Amazon. UPG D5779 UB1280-F2 Universal Lead Acid Battery

Product arrived exactly a week after ordered via UPS. The shipping material was very professional, using thick box and peanuts - with all the caution on the box label for the mail handler. I don't know who the credit should go to, ITL or UPG? ITL is the middle-man, and the shipment came directly from UPG and shipped within one day (according to UPS tracking). The processing between Amazon, ITL and UPG took a week. The product was shipped directly from a local UPG warehouse (locally to where I live), which made the packaging very professional and shipment fast.



The battery does have larger terminals than the older one I had, but no worries for me. I just replaced the existing lugs and crimped on the right size. But, this could be troublesome for others who do not have the right tools, materials, and skills to do this.



The battery appears brand new and fully charged. My alarm LED went away as soon as I replaced it with this battery. I would say, I give credit for ITL for selecting the manufacturer (UPG) directly and not another reseller or distributor that could have shipped me a battery that has been laying on the shelf for years.

This is a great battery, very powerful, I use it as a backup for my home alarm system. The battery arrived in less than a week with free shipping from Amazon, like any new battery, this one was not fully charge (depending on how long has been sitting on the shelf), however it took less than 12 hours for it to be fully charged by my alarm system.

I received the battery, as promised. But it was defective and caused my computer systems to shut down. Seems they had this battery on the shelf for a while before they shipped it to me. The company has been completely unresponsive to my request for a replacement battery or a refund. Do not use this company.

I purchased this battery to replace one that had stopped working in our home alarm system. It was shipped quickly and was a whole lot cheaper than buying it from the security company. When it arrived, I tried to install it and found out the connectors on top didn't fit. I was pretty frustrated and responded to the seller asking for a refund. They responded within hours and explained there are two different types of terminals for this battery. The F1 terminal type which is .187 inches wide, and the F2 which is .250 inches wide. This battery is the F2 version which is the wider version. Since I needed the F1 (.187" wide) they offered to send me terminal adapters (small pieces that slide over the existing terminal and can convert it to the other type of terminal) at NO CHARGE. I agreed that this was an acceptable solution and received the adaptors in 2 business days. I was very impressed at their commitment to make things right and their speed for communicating.

I installed this battery, on 6/21/11. I knew it was the right battery for an old Blackout Buster UPS I own since I had replaced the battery in that UPS prior to this purchase and my first intent with this purchase was to replace the battery in the same UPS again. But, I also had a UPS I got from a local recycling drive and discovered that this same battery is the right battery for this other UPS (an old APC Back-UPS 500 model). I put the battery in the APC UPS and it's been working fine. Just kinda neat to know I could use this battery in either of these UPS. Of course, you should research your particular UPS before making a battery purchase to be sure you get the right battery. - Ups Battery Replacement - Battery Replacement - Ups Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ups Battery Replacement - ups battery replacement, battery replacement ups battery replacement Ups Battery Replacement - ups battery replacement, battery replacement