Thursday 26 August 2010

Sterling Silver Earrings - stud, junk


I purchased these for my wife and was highly disappointed. They arrived in a velvet bag with some sort of sappy/sticky substance all over them which caused the "hair" from the velvet to stick to them. It took almost 30 minutes to clean these properly. Once they were clean, it was clear that these are very low quality pearls. The luster is so poor that they look like costume jewelry. The post on one of them was bent fairly severely when they arrived. No serious woman would be proud to wear these out of the house except for a Halloween party. Don't waste your money on these. 12mm Round Shell Pearl Stud Earrings in Sterling Silver

They were bigger then I expected. They arrived with both studs bent. The quality of the pearls appears to be what you would find in a dime store for your kids. Not happy with them. I gave them away. Would not recommend these even if they were free.

I ordered these earrings to go with bridesmaids dresses as a gift to all the bridesmaids and the Moms. They are perfect because they really show up (love the size!), with either short or long hair and everyone can wear them with outfits to work as well as gowns for weddings and parties. I got a pair for myself too since I like the look of jeans and a silky top with an amazing pair of earrings. The shell pearls just gleam and I like the sterling part, so I don't have to worry about my ears being healthy like you do with the fake stuff from the mall stores. The price was the best, which is why I always look on superjeweler when I am in the mood for a new piece of jewelry.

I purchased these for my Wife, and need I say that they were probably one of the nicest pair of earrings I have given her. They not only look beautiful but are true value for the money. These pearls earrings can complement any evening gown or even a casual outfit. A definite yes....

I had my doubts about this one and I'm sorry I bought it. The pearls are scratched, the studs are flimsy and poorly attached, and bottom line, my wife won't wear 'em. A waste of money unless I can get my money back.

The ones I received were no better than I would expect to get from a 50 cent bubble gum machine in a plastic 'egg'. I have cheap costume jewelry pearls that look (and feel) far more like my real pearls than these do. Is "shell pearl" code for plastic beads in shiny paint? I can't tell what they are actually made out of, but they are sort of grayish and very light weight for their size. I really wonder about the reviewer who said they were 'heavy'. They are junk, garbage, worth less than 50 cents to be frank. This is the WORST buying experience I have ever had from Amazon. I wish some Amazon employee had looked at them before putting them in the Gold Box Special and wasting my time. The 9.95 price that day was about 20 times their value.



Oh look! That 9.95 is STILL the price. So much for a Gold Box special. I guess I'm not the only one who got my money back from Amazon on this 'deal'. Whatever 'shell pearl' is, I know to avoid it in future since this item is still here, and is definitely NOT any kind of pearl I've ever seen before (except vaguely 'pearl' in color).

The color and quality of these pearl earrings was great. The problem was I didn't realize how HUGE they would be until I tried them on. They honestly were so big that they pulled my earlobe down and wouldn't lay flat against my ear. - Pearl - Stud - Silver - Junk'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Sterling Silver Earrings - stud, junk pearl Sterling Silver Earrings - stud, junk