Thursday 26 August 2010

9v Battery - duracell, alkaline batteries


I bought these in August 2009. They had an expiration date of Dec 2009. I ended up discarding half of them because by the time I got around to using them they were essentially dead. They would power a smoke detector for less than a week. Rayovac AL9V-8 UltraPRO Alkaline 9V Batteries, 8-Pack

Pro: The price is right; I haven't found a better deal on 9V batteries



Con: The performance is light. I had these in smoke detectors for about 6-8 months and all went dead within a few weeks of each other.



Bottom Line: If you want a cheap, marginal performance 9V battery, this is the battery for you. I used these in smoke detectors which are wired for power, but require a 9V battery backup -- when the battery is low, the alarm "chirps", and then I replace it. Works fine for this purpose.



If you want long life and performance, you're gonna need to pay more for a better battery.

I have been so disappointed with these batteries. I change my smoke detector batteries every December 31st and never have an issue with them lasting a year but here we are April 12th and I have now replaced 3 with low power, mid you these are devices that have little current draw and should easily last a year. The last battery I took out even allowed some acid to flow out it did not hurt anything but it was trash. So I give these a VERY LOW RATING>

I have been pleased with these so far - they have been used to replace the batteries that came with our smoke detectors when setting up a new system. A little on the expensive side compared to generics, but that is what going brand tends to be.

They're batteries all right. They come in a nice little box and work just as well as any other brands. But for only about $13 for 8? That's an incredible steal. The store down the street sells 9v's for about $5 EACH. Next time I need 9v batteries I will just buy another pack of these. Or perhaps several packs.

These 9V Rayovac batteries work just fine for me. I haven't had any problems with them dying prematurely. I've bought other Rayovac batteries and have always had good luck with them. If I have problems down the line, I'll come back to update.



Otherwise, love the plastic pack they come in. They are neat and easy to store. I don't have to worry about the batteries falling out or some unsightly package. It's the little things that make life easier. - Duracell - 9v - Alkaline Batteries - Energizer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


9v Battery - duracell, alkaline batteries energizer 9v Battery - duracell, alkaline batteries