Sunday 25 July 2010

stanley - stapler, stanley


I have this staple gun and it works fine. The only problem is that the staples are now unavailable. I used to buy them at my local Lowes home improvement center, but they don't carry 1/4" 6.3mm or 5/16" 7.9mm staples anymore. Neither does Ace Hardware or Home Depot or amazon.com or any other place I have found. In fact, I have spent more time trying to find the staples than the gun is worth. I bought some 5/16" 8mm staples thinking that .1mm won't make a difference. Wrong. They won't work. So, I've spent about $10 and several hours trying to get this staple gun working without success. It would've been a LOT easier and about as cheap just buying a new staple gun. Just be aware. Stanley TR45 Light Duty Staple Gun

I bought it along with what were supposed to be the appropriate Stanley staples and the thing doesnt work. They get jammed in there and dont come out. None of the sizes it says work will properly function. The Harbor Freight staple gun I bought for 4 dollars worked better than this.



Stanley seems to have gone downhill over the years. Shame.

I bought the staples that are listed on the front of the package for the TR45 (3/8" 10mm) but when I opened up the package, the staples were just a bit too big and wouldn't fit - apparently you need 3/8" 9.5mm (written on the staple gun). Stanley, shame on you for printing the wrong size on the packaging. Impossible to find 9.5mm staples so I'm returning this and getting a different staple gun.

I bought this light duty stapler just for attaching papers to cardboard backers on a temporary basis. (targets to the backer for the shooting range) For this purpose, it is perfect and easy to use with inexpensive and easily available staples. - Stapler - Stanley'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


stanley - stapler, stanley stanley stanley - stapler, stanley