Sunday 25 July 2010

Kids Learning Calendar - kids learning calendar, classroom calendar


This calendar/weather chart seems durable and made of good quality. It is very large. I like it for the most part, but I have a few issues with it. 1) If you have a month that is 31 days long and begins on a Friday or Saturday (like January 2010), there are not enough spaces to put the 31st day of the month. I had to put it up at the top of the calendar. This may not occur very often, but it is slightly annoying. 2) The pockets which are used to house all the extra cards are not big/deep enough. They do not close with all the cards in them. There are many many many cards with this calendar - every sort of month/day/year/weather/season/holiday/event - which is great, but the calendar is not really made to hold them well, when not in use. Also, I wish there were more (bigger) pockets, so I could divide the cards into groups. Right now, I have all the month/year/day cards together, all of the event/holiday cards together, and all of the blank/season/weather cards together. Learning Resources Calendar and Weather Pocket Chart

I'm a homeschooling mom with young children and I love this calendar. It is quite large and extremely sturdy. It incorporates all the learning skills (days of the week, months of the year, weather, holidays, seasons) I'm teaching my little ones. This calendar is a great investment that will be used for many years to come!

I am a kindergarten teacher and this calenday is absolutely wonderful. It comes with all of the calendar items you would need and the numbers are two sided black and red for easy patterning. I would highly reccomend.

This seems to have pretty much everything we needed to learn / teach about the calendar, months of the year, days of the week, yesterday, today, tomorrow, weather... it's got a lot. I like the fact it has blank cards so we can add special days of our own like grandparents day, friendship day, arbor day. We don't actually celebrate these but who knows, maybe we will at some point. :) I like that the numbers for days are double-sided with red and black. I put the days that have already passed on black and the current day as well as those coming up in red so they can get a better visual.



Some things I found were that since there are a lot (!) of cards to be stored when they're not in use the pockets at the bottom aren't really big enough to hold everything inside. My solution was to turn most of the longer cards on their sides and just left them vertical. No biggie for me but that might bother someone who has to have everything out of sight if it's not being utilized. Another thing I did was to separate the school cards (100th day, 1st day, "no school" days,) the holidays, & the cards for other things like birthdays (cakes or balloons & hats) and flags for federal holidays. I put them into 3 separate sandwich bags so they wouldn't get mixed up together and then just put them in the yellow bags at the bottom of the calendar.



One thing I noticed was I had to throw out several year cards. I got rid of 2006, 2007, 2008, & 2009 with one swift toss into the recycling bin. Time sure flies sometimes. Maybe it would have been better to have 4 slots available to insert for the year instead of just one card, but I wasn't on the team for product development. There are still 4 or 5 years left to go before they run out too. But honestly my only real gripe about this product is that it doesn't include any hardware to hang it up. I managed with screws through the holes at the top though.



The material seems very durable and should stand up to my 4 quite well. Overall this is a great investment (and fun too.)

The website says size is 15 x 13 and actual size is 30 x 45! This will not fit where I intended and not even on a standard door. It does look like a great product perhaps for classroom use, but for home use, it is too large.

This is a great calender. It has the months, year, days (with plenty of holidays ect.), today, yesterday, tomorrow, season, and todays weather. The whole thing is really durable and well made. The cards that do in the slot are also very thick. The pictures are cute. They have plenty of holidays as well as blank ones to make your own. There are also pokets at the bottom to keep the cards you aren't using at the time. It is very big. I am very glad that I bought it. We use it at home as we unschool. I just keep it up and she enjoys looking at all that is on the calender and doing the weather.

I ordered this product for home use with my son. I am a kindergarten teacher and liked the included elements. There aren't so many items that a small child would be overwhelmed and the visual setup is effective. Unfortunately, I had to return it because the fumes from the plastic were overwhelming before I even unwrapped the product. I simply couldn't hang it in my child's room. I think that this would be a good product, but allow for significant time for it to air out before using.

Ok I really like this calendar/weather chart. The year goes up to 2015 (I was worried they didn't go up high enough but thats fine) and even the older years you can still flip over the other side and use a sharpie and write on them. The pockets are the only slight disappointment. The gold pockets on the bottom can hold a few smaller things, but definitely not the days of the week or seasons...they are NOT deep enough, the velcro will not close if you put more than 2 in a pocket at a time. it will bulge and my 2 yr old likes to rip them all out. So I have them in a baggie for safe keeping. There are lots of different holidays on there, Christmas, Kawanza, Passover, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, Valentines Day, St. Patricks Day...and lots more. There are also plenty of other ones like for Birthdays, Presents, Balloons, Field Trips, No School, 1st Day of School, Last day of School, 100th Day of school, etc. Its cute, they have a few that are just Teeth, maybe for those children who lose their teeth. Its a very sturdy vinyl calendar thats pretty large in size. My only modifications to this other than making the gold pockets in the front deeper would be that Today's Weather whcih is just a plastic pocket be a little smaller. Overall this is great. I recommend it. - Classroom Calendar - Homeschool - Kids Learning Calendar - Calendar'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kids Learning Calendar - kids learning calendar, classroom calendar kids learning calendar Kids Learning Calendar - kids learning calendar, classroom calendar