Thursday 1 July 2010

Responsibility Chart - dry erase boards, to do list


This magnetic dry erase board is perfect for reminding children & parents which chores are whose to do daily.



I have 2 ADD/ADHD children and I am ADD, I am great at forgetting to double check the chores are done for each child before they are in bed asleep.



NOW I have one board for each of us (mom included) to remind us to do certain things daily/weekly. Instead of writing the chores in the provided space I used a label maker and it is nice and neatly typed and I do not have to re-write them weekly.



Chores include simple reminders to brush teeth and take AM/PM ADD medicine and as each one is completed the person using the board simply places a magnet on the space provided for the day and time.



Instead of using multiple magnets, we simply use one for each chore and slide it over to the next day slot as it is completed the next day.



Although it comes with magnets for attaching to the fridge, I choose to use industrial STRENGTH Velcro and have attached them to my children's bedroom doors, easily visible by me and them to keep us all reminded what needs to be done.



As the editor for BellaOnline's Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) website this has proven to be one of the BEST organizational ideas I have mastered. After all, out of sight equals out of mind and this provides a very VISUAL aid in reminding everyone to hop to it! Have a blessed day! Board Dudes Magnetic Dry Erase Rewards Chore Chart (11020-4)

I originally purchased two of these boards, one for each child, but realized there is space to have both children's chores outlined. I added extra lines by dividing the wide lines in half with a permanent marker. This board completely serves it's purpose: plenty of magnetic stars in different colors (90), bright child-friendly colors, ability to add my own chores, and seems to be good quality.

We have been having trouble getting our 3 1/2 year old daughter to complete her getting dressed and getting ready for bed routines. I bought this and our daughter took to it immediately. There are eight spaces so I wrote in four steps in her morning routine and four steps in her bedtime routine. She loves completing the steps then getting her stars. If she gets all her stars, at the end of the week she gets a small toy or a fun outing.



I only have one complaint which is the reason I gave four stars instead of five - the magnets are covered with paper that has the stars on it. Many of the paper parts came apart from the magnets. I know I can just glue them back on, but like I have the time to glue little pieces of paper on to little magnets - NOT!

I am using one per child due to the chores and daily reminders that my oldest has. But it's great for my two kids to see on a daily basis what is expected to help them plan their free time. And because it's erasable, I can add or subtract reminders, leave messages, etc.

For 10 bucks you can't go wrong. It comes with a lot of magnetic stars to add whatever you write with the dry erase marker. We're using it as a "Rewards" chart for the kids and are loving how the kids are responding to it. We added a Nintendo flair so that if they do all 8 things for the day [eat a veggie, don't talk back, brush teeth, etc] they get a super star for the day. Super stars then can be traded in for prizes [silly bands, small toys] or used for family things like "pick dinner" or "special lunch with mom or dad".

My 6 year old is excited about doing chores now! The design is cute and practical.



The magnets come on a sheet and need to be punched out. It's very difficult to do this without tearing them or separating the magnet from the printed paper top.

My daughter is very excited about doing her chores now. She is 4 years old, so we were able to put chores and activities customized for her level rather than other charts that have pre-typed ones to choose from. She loves putting her star on the chart when something is completed and insists on completely all her chores on her own to get a start. We included chores like getting herself dressed, praticing her letters, and cleaning up her toys.

I was disappointed to find I did not get the exact board I ordered. The specific reward chores at the bottom of the board are different than the ones pictured, that I really needed; clothes, making the bed, brushing teeth, animal care. Instead I got a board with homework, a closet full of stuff, brushing teeth, and a different animal care picture, which I think is supposed to mean feeding fish. I got the board specifically for an older person with specific needs, and this board renders the entire bottom of it practically useless. Plenty of magnets, but they are really cheap and fall off the board very easily.

This has been an excellent motivation tool for both of my kids (ages 4 and 8). They really enjoy earning their stars and receiving rewards and it has helped with getting them to take responsibility for themselves. It has helped Mom and Dad too because we no longer have to nag them as much to get things done, creating a less stressful and more positive environment for all. When they do not do something, they realize it was their decision and they understand the consequence a little more. The only down side is that the magnets do not stick well and the dry erase marker rubs off too easily, but all in all, it gets the job done.

I purchased this for my 7 year old daughter to keep track of what chores she has daily. I like that you can make your own chores using the white board but it also comes with magnets to show if the chore was done that day. My daughter loves it and feels involved with her responsibilites which seemed to motivate her to do them. - Kids Jobs - To Do List - Dry Erase Boards - Responsibility Chart'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Responsibility Chart - dry erase boards, to do list responsibility chart Responsibility Chart - dry erase boards, to do list