Thursday 1 July 2010

Photo Paper - canon, photo paper pro


This photo paper is pretty good. I have no real complaint. The only negative thing I can think of is that for half the price you can get "Canon's Photo Paper Plus Glossy II" without any noticeable difference in quality. I bought both and printed the same images using both the Pro Platinum and Plus Glossy II and saw no noticeable difference. So because of that, I deducted one star. Canon Photo Paper Pro Platinum, 4 x 6 Inches, 100 Sheets (2768B015)

For comparison purposes, I have compared the Canon Photo Paper Platinum to Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, 4 x 6 Inches, 100 Sheets (2311B023) that came with my printer (Canon PIXMA MP990 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One Printer (3749B002)).



For a casual photographer or hobbyist, I don't believe there is a real valid difference in the paper quality itself. In terms of the way the paper feels, the Pro Platinum feels like a heavier stock, only slightly and only because I had the two types of paper in my hands at the same time. If I didn't, I never would have been able to tell a difference. Comparing the brightness of the two, the Pro Platinum is ever so slightly brighter than the Plus Glossy II.



Where the Pro Platinum has the edge, however, is archival ability. Using the Pro Platinum with Canon ink will, supposedly, last for up to 200 years if stored in an archival photo album. I still haven't found the statistics for the Glossy II paper, but the previous generation of paper the Glossy II replaced was tested to last up to 25 years in an archival album. If you're not printing to have family heirloom style photos and don't care if it doesn't last for more than a couple years, obviously you won't waste money on the Pro Platinum.



Comparing the same photo from the same original and the same printer between the two paper types, there is a slight perception of brightness/vividness in the photos on the Pro Platinum. I did a blind test with some family members whom all preferred the Pro Platinum, but generally only just barely. Few could discern a huge difference in the two. Color representation more closely matched the original colors on my calibrated monitor, but only slightly better than the Glossy II.



From this paper I have seen some amazing print productions that are without a doubt professional in quality. But I've seen similar results from the Glossy II and since I'm not an artist or professional, my eye may not be as trained as a pro and as such if you're just a hobbyist, be aware that this paper looks great, but so does the Glossy II.



However, given the beefier stock of the Pro Platinum, and the brighter white, I will most likely be sticking with the Pro Platinum for the prints I want vivid color and more accurate color representation from. With Amazon's current price for 100 sheets (about $.16 compared to $.10 for Glossy II), this is a great deal, but for some the difference may not even be worth the $.06.



Personally I will continue to buy the Pro Platinum paper until Amazon raises the price as for me an extra $.10 per sheet isn't worth it. Yes, it's only $.10 but with how much I print, it will definitely pay in the long run.

This paper is far, far superior to the other glossy papers out there.



The color rendition is superb, as is the out-of-the-box contrast and brightness.



It makes you want to toss your stock of older glossy papers.



Can't recommend it enough.

I have a Canon MP980 and the photo paper is of good quality. It is hard to tell the difference when using high quality photo paper and generic, but you can feel the difference and some photos do turn out much better.

I'll never go to a photo lab again. Printing on this paper produces nice sharp colorful glossy images. I'm using this paper with a Canon Pixma Pro9000 MkII printer and the results are much better than any glossy prints ordered from a photo lab. The blacks are super-black, and the colors are vibrant. I've also ordered the 19x13 and 8x10 Pro Platinum paper and the quality is very consistent. I haven't used this paper with any other printers yet, but I can tell you that if you have a decent quality printer, you will love printing to this paper.

I bought this paper based on the reviews I read here. I was curious as to whether or not I would get the same awesome results since I was not using the expensive high end printer model that many of the other reviewers were using but I still needed to make some high quality prints. I'm happy to say that my results were seemingly just as spectacular.



I'm printing on aHP Deskjet 6940 Color Printer (C8970A#B1H) and using the HP inks recommended for this printer. I set up my printer to print on HP Premium luster paper and the results were amazing. The prints look like I took them to a photo lab and had them done professionally.



This paper also has a really nice weight and feels like professional photo paper. I did not have any trouble with finger prints as some reviewers mentioned and I handled the paper (trimming it on a paper cutter) immediately after removing it from the printer. This may be due to the fact that I'm using a cheaper (and therefore more quickly drying) inkjet printer ink.



I have not tried the other canon photo paper, so I cannot say how this compares but I can say that you will get excellent results with this paper. Well worth the extra cost if you need a quality print suitable for framing. - Canon - Photo Paper Pro - Canon Photo Paper'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Photo Paper - canon, photo paper pro canon photo paper Photo Paper - canon, photo paper pro