Sunday 11 July 2010

Notebook Computer Stands


This is a great inexpensive solution for a laptop stand. It is very sturdy with the mesh type bottom allowing good circulation and heat dissipation. The stand adjusts to several different angles, although the lowest one seems most useful. The only real negative I see is that if you use an Apple notebook, one of the front supports is directly in line with the CD/DVD insert slot. You have to move the notebook for disc insertion or ejection. Rolodex Laptop Stand (82410)

Adjustable, very sturdy and gives the laptop good ventilation. Can't beat it for the price. The cord keeper on the back makes it so that the power cord/usb hub cords don't fall off the back. Awesome.

Even though I run multi-monitor, having my laptop on this stand at the full 35 degree extension is BRILLIANT. Talk about an eye-saver... I'm also able to sit in my chair a bit more "properly."



I also appreciate Rolodex's inclusion of the rubber cable-organizer that makes hooking up my laptop every morning so much more convenient; I have 8 cables that I've got to plug in before powering up and this was a great addition.

This is a pretty nice stand as far as laptop stands go. It has a sturdy metal mesh design that allows plenty of airflow and has enough structural integrity to hold a laptop of any size (including my giant, 12lb Dell XPS Gen 1). You can also adjust it to a pretty wide range of angles. As others have stated, the cord organizer is a nice bonus.



Be aware that this is *only* a stand, and does not include a USB hub. There is a spot in the base of the stand where you can install a Rolodex USB hub module, but that is sold separately.



For $25, this would be a five-star steal if it was a stand/USB hub combo. Without the hub, it's basically a fairly cheap, decent stand that doesn't really stand out from the crowd.

This is a STURDY metal laptop stand. The mesh provides excellent cooling capabilities. As described, it has several settings and adjusts from 12 to 36 degrees. I was slightly concerned about it being made of metal, but found that there are four pads on the underside of it to prevent scratches to your desktop. There are two similar pads on the top, which provides a soft bumper for your laptop. However I purchased some clear self-adhesive silicone "polybumpers" to provide a little more protection (http://www.polybumper.com/products/). I have a 17" MacBook Pro and it fits nicely on this stand. The stand sits firmly on the desk unless you want to move it, and the laptop fits snugly in the stand.



This is not a "lap" stand in my opinion. I use a "Lapinator" for when I want to use my laptop on the couch.

This is an excellent laptop stand. I got the same one at wal-mart only it was branded by rubbermaid office solutions. In all other aspects, physical, cosmetic and functional it is identical. It even comes with rolodex branded instructions. So if you see this at wal-mart, it is indeed the same product. It also takes the same usb or power adapter accessories that fit into the back of the stand. I paid a bit less at wal-mart for it.



The build quality of the stand is fantastic. It is extremely sturdy. It's made of thick metal with mesh where the laptop sits for better ventilation. The bar that elevates the laptop platform is very thick gauge and will not distort easily. When elevating the laptop platform, the support bar fits very tightly into notches on the bottom of the platform. There are 5 positions including the flat position, which I find the best for general use. It puts the laptop at a perfect angle for typing and viewing of the screen without killing your back.



On the bottom are 4 dense foam rubber pads. These protect your desktop (or in my case, my coffee table) from scratches that would otherwise occur. There are two thick metal tabs on the front of the stand that hold the laptop in place and prevent it from sliding off the stand. These also have the foam rubber pads. Those, combined with most laptops' rubber feet of their own, make for a very stable, solid work surface. Note that the two tabs are on the far left and right sides of the stand so some laptops, like HP Pavilions, that have their microphone and headphone ports on one of the far edges will have their ports blocked. So make sure you either have a laptop with side or middle-front ports (like my Dell Inspiron 1525), or that you don't use those ports and it doesn't matter to you that they'll be blocked.



On the back is a rubber cord organizer that works well. Next to it is a placeholder for rubbermaid/rolodex's usb or power adapter accessories.



That about does it. I looked at a lot of laptop stands including some very expensive ones and decided on this after handling one in the store. The price was right ($16), the build quality was there and it had excellent cooling properties. That made it a no-brainer for me.

I was looking for a good laptop stand for my mom, because her computer overheated once and she uses rolls of quarters to keep it up. I saw this one and it had pretty great reviews so i sprung for it. She loved it! She has bought 4 more for all of her friends' children that have laptops! Although this product was supposed to include a USB outlet or something, I didn't have a problem with it not being there. It holds up her Toshiba Laptop nicely and it doesn't have a problem overheating anymore! And it also is a great angle to type; my wrists don't hurt anymore. Thank a lot!



The worst part is that this item is only $24.99 and you would need $25.00 to qualify for free shipping. So I felt that it really sucked that I had to pick something else [to buy] just so I could get free shipping which I would've qualified for if the price was just 1 penny more. I could've paid for shipping (probably $5.95) but if i could get another item for that $5.95, why not?



But all in all, the product itself is great!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Notebook Computer Stands Notebook Computer Stands Notebook Computer Stands