Saturday 17 July 2010

Cookbook


This wonderful book is packed with delicious recipes that are good for you too. The book starts out with 10 tips to make your smoothie it's best. Then fruit and vegetable glossaries describe each fruit, its nutritional value and its health benefits. There is also a thorough explanation on fruit and vegetable preparation. Other ingredients used such as peanut butter and milk products as well as additives like wheat grass are also discussed in detail. A seasonal fruit chart and a brief overview of essential nutrients are nice bonusesThere are recipes for almost anything including energy, weight control, PMS, hot flashes, morning sickness, anemia, libido, bone building, stress and even some that boost your immune system when you get sick. There are also special sections for kids and men. Conveniently, each recipe contains complete nutritional information. My favorite recipes are the constants craving, grape escape and protein jolt. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to make quick, easy, nutritious meals without cooking. Super Smoothies: 50 Recipes for Health and Energy

I bought my blender last year and used it exactly once, before I bought this book, that is. Now with a whole collection of delicious and nutricious blender drinks to make, hardly a day goes by that the blender doesn't get a workout! The concept of smoothies is ideal for a single working person with little time to cook dinner because of long hours. And the best thing is it is healthy!

Being a bonafide smoothie addict, I can say that this is the best book of smoothie recipes I've ever run across. As a small size smoothie at the mall costs $2.25, this book pays for itself in no time at all and is worth every cent. I loved the breakdown of nutritional values which is very helpful for anyone watching their calorie intake. The variety is spectacular with inclusion of even vegetable recipes. If you're looking for a good change of pace in your diet, definitely try out these delicious recipes. You won't be disappointed!

The authors' write, "It's hard to imagine what smoothies would be without bananas." I say "TRY!" Nearly half the 50 recipies in the book have banana in them, so unless you are a major banana fan (which clearly, I am not), I would pass on this one. I'm going to.

I absolutely LOVE this book! I think the receipes are creative and fun with easy to find ingredients. The book starts with descriptions of each ingredient and its' health benefits and goes into preparation techniques and even explains the job of 'binders' in smoothies. I really love the way each smoothie has a 'job'; they list smoothies for PMS, for extra energy, for weight-loss, morning sickness, snacking, and for kids. The book also has receipes for specific male issues, like virility. I think this is the best beginner smoothie book on the market. The receipes go from basic banana-strawberry to exotic tomato and avacado smoothies. And each receipe lists detailed nutritional information, which is great if you're trying to cut back on fats or carbs, for example. This book proves smoothies aren't just a treat anymore, they can be a beautiful addition to a healthy diet as well as curing what ails you! Try the "Constant Craving" apple smoothie- it's my favorite.Buy it!! Trust me, you won't regret it!!

I really can't complain about the content of this book, I find most of the smoothies to be yummy and refreshing. However, I wanted one smoothie book to use with my blender and this isn't the only book I ended up getting. Plus, I've had this book for only about three months and I'm already getting tired of thumbing through it and seeing the same stuff. I really wish I had purchased a book that focused more on the quantity of recipes and less on the pictures of the recipes it did contain within (as this book does). I ended up purchasing Smoothies, Shakes & Frappes ISBN 1579121721 for about half the price and, with no disrespect to these authors, found this to be a better choice if it really is quantity of smoothie and shake recipes you are looking for.

This book is a must for people who want to learn how to make smoothies. I've been through three books, and lots of money wasted on fruit and all kinds of groceries just trying to create a great tasting smoothie. I just got this book two days ago, and I already have made four smoothies that came out perfect! I like not adding ice cream or frozen yogurt to the reciepes it's all mainly fresh fuit or veggies. You gotta have this book!

I purchased this book for myself, but I was thinking that it would make a great gift for that "person who has everything". Also as a wedding gift, with a nice blender! I really enjoy this book and the healthy and yummy smoothies.

...As soon as I got the book in the mail I went down to my local market and picked up some fruit. That alone is worth the price of the book. If this book does anything it'll make the reader more insightful to nutrition and it will force them to eat more fruits and vegetables. Not bad for a...book I think. The recipes are so simple to follow. The ingredients, for the most part, can be purchased in any local fruit stand. Yes, there are some obscure ingredients. I had no idea what silken tofu was until I read the preface. The stuff tastes great! Don't be afraid to try and drink something new and different. After all, what would you rather drink, soda or a smoothie? It takes a matter of minutes to put one of these drinks together - and that includes the preparation which usually doesn't entail anything more then a peeling here or there. If you have kids they will go nuts for this stuff. You can make them together. Then DRINK them together! Yum!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cookbook Cookbook Cookbook