Friday 4 June 2010

Shower Hooks - umbra, shower caddy


I like this shower caddy because it holds a lot of stuff. However I could not get it to stay on my shower head, it kept slipping off. I had to hang it on the towel rod in my shower. Also, it would not fit over my shower door since the hooks are on the small side Umbra Bask 3-Basket Shower Caddy

This is much more attractive looking than the cheap ones you'd get at Fred Meyer or wherever. I like the choice in color, I got white but a color would have been pretty. It's made in China but so are all the rest of them. The top doesn't stay right at the back by the wall, instead slips down to shower head, but it doesn't fall off so that's all I care about. There are 3 suction things that keep the baskets affixed to the wall, that's nice also.

We have a handheld shower and a "regular" shower caddy got in the way of the hose. The shower is small-ish, so I couldn't hang a caddy on the door -- it would get in the way of someone taking a shower. That left hanging something from the faucet handles. This was the only caddy that I could find that would do this. I uploaded a couple of photos of the caddy used in this way -- see the "customer images" at the top of the page.



The hooks are too fat to hang directly on the faucets, but that's easy to solve by hooking them together around the faucets (see photo).



The baskets are large enough for over-sized (i.e., the "super value size") bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Plenty of drain holes in the bottom of each basket mean that stuff doesn't get waterlogged.



The baskets don't have a good place for a bar of soap, but you can just use a separate suction cup soap dish, like I did.



One of the early reviewers commented about the caddy not being assembled. The only thing I had to do was put two suction cups on two of the baskets. This took about 30 seconds (and I'm a 50-year-old woman) -- push and twist at the same time and they'll pop right in.



Overall, I'm happy with this caddy. I'd give it 5 stars if the hooks were a little narrower and larger diameter. I haven't had it long enough to see if the chain rusts, but if it does, I'll replace it with cord.

We first saw what we wanted when we googled amazon.com and being a first timer we were surprised with the price compared to other suppliers of the same product, so we ordered. Delivery was ahead of estimated time to Australia. The carton and contents arrived undamaged, packaging was excellent, the products were exactly what we wanted and we couldn't wait to install them in our 2 Bathroom Showers. Very happy with the service in every respect

This little carrier holds lots of stuff and can be hung on the shower curtain, which I love. It doesn't take up any extra space and has so far worked great. Just make sure you clean it out every few months or a funk will start to grow on the bottom of the baskets.

I don't have a curtain rod, and I don't like hanging toiletries from the shower head. I picked this caddy because it allowed me to hang the toiletries from the glass wall of the shower. It holds a *lot* of stuff, and I haven't had any problems with items falling out, even with the larger shampoo bottles. Very useful, and makes for a much more organized shower!

We have one of those difficult bear-claw tubs that requires shower curtains all the way around it (3, to be exact). This hangs perfectly off the shower curtain rod (or the shower head) and holds so much! It also (amazingly) does not take up a huge amount of space.



Way to go, Umbra!

I got this as a gift off my wish list. It fits perfectly in a glass shower and from afar it looks built in because the chain is barely visible. The best thing is that you can hang it wherever - it does not limit you like most shower caddies. - Shower Caddy - Umbra - Shower Organization - Shower Hooks'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Shower Hooks - umbra, shower caddy shower caddy Shower Hooks - umbra, shower caddy