Friday 4 June 2010

Lockets - locket


I just bought this vintage reproduction necklace and it is Awesome! The long chain is quite fancy....it's long enough to wrap around my neck twice! My only complaint is that I'm not sure how to put the pictures in?? each spot for a pic is really small and there isn't any clear film to protect your pictures =/ I'll probably wear it as-is, and find a better locket for pictures. So just keep that in mind. 1928 Boutique Vintage Collection Rotating Locket Trio Long Necklace

This locket arrived with the photo spaces super-glued to the sides. It is not a solid piece of jewelry. The lockets were uneven and the glue was visible-yuck! I returned it immediately. It looks nothing like the photo listed.

I bought this locket for it's uniqueness although a bit skeptical whether it would truly resemble the one pictured, but it turned out it did. I love the chain length! Although I don't think I'll be using it for pictures since it's so small (not that I bought it for that reason anyway) there's no glue visible and I had no problems opening it. Overall, I'm quite satisfied!

The glue does in fact show through where the picture frames were glued on..and the one I received has one of the frames put on backwards...so that two of the frames open up back to back...its really annoying.

For $30 jewelry, this looks like its worth about ten bucks. Tops.

I would not buy from this company again.

I received the exact item i thought i was purchasing. The gold coloring is good and would fool the common jewelry junkie. I had no issues with glue (doesnt even seem like glue is used for this product). It's so much fun to spin and doesnt seem to be breaking anytime soon. The chain is a perfect length, but has a VERY cheap/broken clasp (SUPER EASY FIX). I think ill have to glue my pics in it b/c there doesnt seem to be any other way which is fine. The locket parts all close very tightly and dont seem to be flying open or breaking anytime soon. Cant wait to put my 3 black cats' pics in it and show it off! LOOKS VINTAGE/antique. DEF GOOD BUY. careful of the clasp. just grab your plyers or even your front teeth and put a new one on. I was surprised at the weight. VERY HEAVY in weight which would make ppl think it's at the least silver with gold plating :-)

I was hoping the other reviews for this necklace would turn out to be exaggerations but this necklace broke the first time I wore it. It's very pretty and fun to fiddle with but the chain looks cheap. One of the lockets came off in my hand and I wasn't even pulling on it. It just popped off. It shouldn't be hard to glue it back on but at this price point I was hoping for something better.



The design is super cool though!

This rotating vintage locket and chain together create an extremely unique, exciting and beautiful piece of jewelry. I can tell this is going to be my favorite necklace. When I saw it I got that giddy childlike feeling you get when you are very happy with something. I thought immediately of similar reaction's this item was going to get from 3 other recipients for family birthday gifts. The video and picture's of this locket and necklace depicts them accurately. It's is a nice weight and chain is nice and long and support's the weight of the necklace. This necklace shimmer's gold in the light and is extremely eye catching. The box it comes in is sturdy and attractive also. It comes with a soft jewelry bag as well to protect it during storage.



Because the locket is a replica of a vintage 1928 necklace, the design is 'old fashioned', yet, it also looks as though this could be current fine custom jewelry piece. It catches the light as it rotates and gives the appearance of a real gold jewelry piece. I really feel this necklace is a bargain at its price, because it is beautiful and unique, but also because it does give the appearance and feel of a fine jewelry piece. I think it is a sturdy and solid piece of jewelry, but I will be able to tell more so of course after wearing it over the course of time. It is a piece I will take good care of.



The Sister that had her birthday on July 9th absolutely loves her necklace and called me just to tell me so. She sounded excited (as I was) and relayed that she was wearing it 'now', and that she had worn it the entire day everywhere. She relayed to me that I had given her a really great gift. I bought my Daughter a few gifts for her birthday this year. My Daughter's birthday is on July 15th. I gave her one of her gifts just today 7/13/2011, but she does not know about this gift yet and won't until her birthday. I have a feeling she will also be exuberant. It really is a beautiful piece you want to wear, a lot.



I ordered these with Standard Shipping (USPS) and all but one arrived and was lost through USPS; not the Seller (Amazon's) fault. However, the fact that this was the only one that I was unable to track and had to notify Amazon twice that I was unable to, 2 email inquiries and 11 Day's later, there was finally an amicable resolution. First Amazon credited my shipping cost I was charged for the lost item and in turn offered a 1 Day Delivery, free of charge and a necklace replacement without another charge to my account for the lost USPS item.



So although the missing gift is late, and I cannot change the lateness of my gift, it is finally going to get to its intended destination, by an estimated arrival date of July 15th, 2011 (I ordered it July 2nd, 2011). It is my hope that the Sister that is getting this gift late will adore and appreciate this piece of jewelry. Sometimes things just don't quite go the way you think they should.



Lastly, I think once she open's the bubble pack it comes in with a very nice gift box and attractive jewelry bag to store it in, all will be forgiven. This Sister, whose birthday was on July 4th, will hopefully be receiving her necklace on July 15th, 2011 as planned. I can't wait for her to receive and open it. The anticipation is hard to take!!!



I will be ordering at least 2 more of these because I have two more ladies with birthday's (next year) who I also know would greatly appreciate a gift such as this.



P.S. I do look forward to better package tracking from both Amazon & USPS so that problems such as this can be identified and rectified much earlier in the process. All my other packages in transit I was able to track. I think that might be a good indicator to Amazon in the future that something is wrong if you can track all but one package on a multiple order of the same thing? Just my 2 cents, whatever its worth.



UPDATE 8/4/2011 - My Sister did receive the item on time the second time it was shipped and truly loves the necklace.



I did call Amazon again because again the tracking was not transparent, so they personally tended to the tracking piece and kept me notified by phone of exactly what was going on until the item was delivered. The first one simply disappeared from USPS, so they resent the item at no additional cost and through UPS instead.



Thank's so much for making sure my Sister received her gift. Very much appreciated. She emailed me that it was well worth the wait and that she absolutely 'love's it!' - Locket'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Lockets - locket locket Lockets - locket