Thursday 27 May 2010

Swim Fins


I love the fins, but I bought the large size, which is said to fit 10-13 size feet (mine are 10 1/2). But they are WAY too big, and the foot opening in the front is so wide on this size that my foot sticks out too far when they are cinched tight enough. I'm having to go with the mediums to go for a better fit. Aqua Sphere Zip Fitness Swim Fins (Medium Adult 6 1/2-9 1/2, Black/Blue)

My wife and I both use them. She swims every day in chlorine so the only negative there is that the chlorine eats away at the fin: both at the soft foam backrests around the strap and the end flipper part which starts to tear, so it is ESSENTIAL that you rinse your fins after each use in chlorine pools!! I swim in fresh water often and I've had no such problems. These fins do not over-torque your ankles, they provide great thrust and a very adjustable.

I use these fins all the time when swimming in the pool or the sea and they work very well. My only complaint is sometimes the buckle comes loose when in storage and has to be reattached, but no problem while swimming. They're compact and good for travel.

I took swim lessons as a kid, but don't have any real lap swimming experience. I'm just starting to train for a triathlon and found out quickly that form is important for efficiency and endurance! Someone suggested swim fins and what a difference these have made for my lap swimming. They've helped with proper kicking technique and allowed me to swim longer. I wear a woman's size 10 (men 8) and the Medium size flippers fit perfect.

I swim every day and these are really great. I wear a 9.5 ladies and ordered the medium black/blue. They're comfy and help me swim fast. I like that the toe area is open and the strap in the back is adjustable. Other fins pinch my feet or fall off, but these feel great.

Having taken up doing laps almost every day at the pool, I wanted to add something to my workout: These fins must be the most comfortable ones out there for the pool. They are compact (easy to slip in to your swim bag), have a soft, very comfortable, adjustable ankle strap, and they do, indeed, ZIP... (no false advertising here). Regarding the size, I am an 8 to 81/2 and I got the medium size. They fit fine and have not come off while swimming. The adjustment of the ankle strap is easily done, even while in the pool with them on. With regard to performance, they have actually helped me concentrate on improving my kicks and I still feel I get a good workout; I just glide along a lot faster.

I love these fins! This is my first time getting fins. I purchased them to give my laps some variety. These fins are definately working my legs better than regular swimming. I feel my legs getting tighter after each time I use them and have noticed more definition and .... yeah! baby! ...less fat!!!



Best of all is the fit. The backs adjust easily, therefore you don't have to worry about them being to short or too long for your feet.

I bought these for lap swimming. I have a 8 1/2 or 9 size foot which should have fit the 6-9 1/2 medium swim fin. I think they are a little big as my foot sticks out the front. There is a little ridge which joins the colored part to the blue part. It is annoying. I may try to shave it off with a razor blade. Hard to believe I would take a small. Other than that they are exactly what I wanted and seem to be well made. I'm very happy with them. If I had it to do over I'd buy two sizes and return one.

Aqua Sphere makes a lovely swim fin. They fit comfortably, the rubber idoes not cut into my foot, the fin is long enough to matter, but not so long as to make for hard kicking. My ladies shoe size is 9-1/2 and the medium is exactly right. Very happy indeed.

I'm a beginner, but I've been using these fins for a few weeks now and although I like the feeling of wearing fins (very zippy), they just aren't very comfortable to me. I have size 11 feet, which is right between the size range listed. But if I cinch the strap on tight enough to stay on my foot, I end up getting a sore spot on the outside of my feet, just below the base of my small toe. If it is any looser, the strap falls off (yes, even mid-lap).

Maybe my feet are too wide for them, so your results may vary.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Swim Fins Swim Fins Swim Fins