Thursday 27 May 2010

Dell Battery - dell laptop battery, laptop batteries


When the battery first arrived I installed it in my Dell Studio 1558 laptop. The battery worked very well for the first 4 recharge cycles and then at bootup I started receiving the following message from my BIOS -



"The battery cannot be identified. This system will be unable to charge this battery."



The statement is correct, the battery will no longer charge and is useless. Thankfully I bought this from Amazon.com and I can return it and get all the money back. I would highly recommend Amazon.com because of their outstanding return policy which you can't get many places anymore. Thank you Amazon. 11.10V,4400mAh,Li-ion,Replacement Laptop Battery for Dell Studio 1535, Studio 1536, Studio 1537, Studio 1555, Studio 1557,Compatible part number of Dell:312-0701, KM958, WU946

I have a Dell Studio 1537. This generic battery does not lock in appropriately -- I had to tape it to prevent it from falling out from the base of the laptop. Initially, the battery worked great (held its charge for several hours before requiring a recharge), but after a few days of using it, it stopped charging and was no longer compatible (computer no longer recognized it?). I had to return it. Got a full refund including shipping. Amazon has a good return policy. I bought the authentic Dell battery from the Dell website instead.

Works better than the original battery that came with the computer - Dell Studio 1535.



Computer now runs longer than with the original battery by about an hour.





(edit) STILL working fine on 11/19/2010

I reviewed this battery when I got it and it was working, said I liked the seller. BUT when it failed to charge, I tried to return it, and have still not gotten the replacement. I hope they contact me to straighten it out, they are really hard to reach.

This battery's life is steadily declining and I've only had it for a month. When it arrived it held a charge for just under 3 hours--which wasn't thrilling, but I dealt with it. Now fully charge it lasts, if I'm lucky, 90 minutes. Major disappointment. And it's too late to send it back.

Followed instructions to the letter for setting up this battery. Worked fine for four days then failed. Will not take a charge. When installed in laptop shows 100% charged on laptop display and meter on back of battery. When AC power is disconnected .... you guessed it no power at all. I'll look for a local battery provider where I have some recourse. - Dell Laptop Battery - Laptop Batteries'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dell Battery - dell laptop battery, laptop batteries dell laptop battery Dell Battery - dell laptop battery, laptop batteries