Thursday 27 May 2010

Speakerphone - answering machine, cordless telephone


I have always been happy with Panasonic phones. However, when the buttons on it started to not work reliably, I did not like the Panasonic that I bought to replace it. This phone works just fine, and has, for me the added advantage of being able to be wall mounted relatively normally. All of the current cordless answering system phones that I looked at were mounted on the wall on hanging devices that stood virtually at a right angle to the wall. This phone, though not a flush mount, hangs and appears most normal; that is, protudes from the wall less than all of the others. The phone works fine, programming relatively intuitively. If you are looking for a wall mounted cordless with an answering system, you will probably find this to be the best one you can find. AT&T DECT 6.0 White/Grey Digital Cordless Answering System (EL52109)

Bought this unit for a little more than the cost of the battery to replace an old 2.8ghz cordless phone. The AT&T Dect 6 has a very long range that was clear when I went over 100 ft from the house to check my well [I live in a rural area]. The sound is crystal clear. My only minor gripe is that when the power to the house goes off for a second, the date/time erases from the phone and has to be reset.

After 13 years of satisfactory service (without even replacing the battery), our previous AT&T answering machine finally died. When we bought our old machine, Consumer Reports gave AT&T top rating. Today, Consumer Reports still puts AT&T answering machines at the top of the list. This model lacks some of the features of the models rated in the October 2009 issue (it allows for only one portable handset), but its basic features are the same. Both the answering machine and the cordless phone work simply and well. Best of all, it costs only $35. We paid $150 for our old machine in 1996. The price of electronic equipment really has declined!

...if, like me, you need a phone to hang on the wall of the kitchen or hallway, this isn't the best. It's advertised to be convertible from desktop to wall-mount. Like so many contemporary phones -- most, in fact -- the base isn't a true wallphone dock. it sticks out too far into the space to be a decent corridor phone, and the tenuous balance of the handset in the base is an invitation to brush against the phone and guess how many pieces of the handset will fly off when it hits the hard floor below. That said, the phone itself is very well designed, with easy to read buttons and labels, and for the most part it's simple to program and operate...much more so than most of the others on the market. Sound quality and range are better than I've seen on previous AT&T phones.

Well, the other reviews made this seem like a good phone....

The sound quality isn't great (though better than the phone it was replacing). But even when it's not static-y, there's often an echo, where I hear my voice echo back at me. There seems to be no rhyme or reason; sometimes it echoes, sometimes it doesn't.

Also, the design of the memorized/stored phone #s is poor. There's no quick-dial number associated with the stored #s. The stored #s are stored in no particular order - not alphabetical, not in order of entry. If I want to call a stored number, I just have to scroll up through the whole memorized list to find the one I want. Pointless.

There's a delay between the time you press a button and when it registers with the phone as pressed.

This is one of the best phones I have ever purchased. Sound is loud and clear. It is small and compact so not to take up alot of counter space. I absolutly love the speaker phone on the handset especially when you are on hold for a long time. Easy to set up and use. I didn't have to look at the manual at all.

I bought this AT&T DECT 6.0 EL52109 cordless phone and answering system at Sears for $34.99. I have been using it for six months and am very pleased with it.



It was very easy to set up and I did not have to use the manual very much at all. The manual is complete and easy to understand.



The phone has all the features that I need. It has a directory that will hold up to 50 phone numbers for quick dialing and and it also has a call log where you can scroll through the past 50 phone calls that you have received. It has call waiting, caller ID, and the handset speakerphone is EXTREMELY handy to have. The answering machine on the base works very well. It has a capacity of 99 messages or 14 minutes of answering time. There is no time limit on how long a message can be, just that it will hold 14 total minutes of messages before it reaches its full capacity. It has 10 different ring tones to choose from. It is easy to access the answering system from the handset or from a different phone number.



The clock on the handset seems to lose about a minute every two days. The chain dialing feature can be a little cumbersome, and the orange light on the screen could be a little brighter for me, but those are the only drawbacks that I have found and they are really minor.



The reception is very clear and the handset works well even outside the house. I have the stand set up on a table in the living room and cannot comment on the wall mounting feature.



I just wish that I had bought the model of this phone that comes with the extra handset. Sometimes an extra one can be real handy. But, all in all, I am very pleased with my purchase and can give this phone a very high recommendation. - Cordless Phone - Cordless Telephones - Cordless Telephone - Answering Machine'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Speakerphone - answering machine, cordless telephone cordless telephones Speakerphone - answering machine, cordless telephone