Thursday 27 May 2010

Ryobi - battery packs


Ryobi makes some of the best cordless tools in the world. Unfortunately, they also make the world's worst rechargeable batteries. I've bought several of these batteries and they have all died in well less than a year. I was fortunate enough to find an off-brand 14.4 battery that fits my Ryobi tools, but now it looks like those are no longer available, as I can not find them anywhere. I have a suspicion that the short battery life has something to do with the "Smart" Ryobi battery charger. If you have some other means of charging the batteries, you may want to give that a try. Ryobi 1314702 14.4 Volt Battery Pack

I owned two Ryobi combo sets which I purchased one 9 years ago and one 10 years ago. Had a total of 5 batteries. 2 died a couple of years back and the remaining three just died. I was looking to see if new batteries where worth buying, but at $25-$45 each (depending on where you look) it is hard to justify. I doubt I would get that much life out of new Ni-cads. Ni-cads take some babying to last, allowing them to fully discharge and not leaving them on the charger too long. Rechargables typically die after a number of charge cycles rather than after a certain period of time.

Li-ion technology is much better - Battery Packs'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ryobi - battery packs battery packs Ryobi - battery packs