Thursday 20 May 2010

Not Recommended - camping stove, portable burner


I was under the assumption that the fuel that one sees at the big-box stores for camping would be butane. Not so.



After finding fuel for this stove at a local hardware store (as an aside, it was much cheaper than the stove fuel found at the big box stores, and lasts just as long), we took this stove camping. Nice, compact design and quick cooldown are definite bonuses to this item. I especially like the very easy turn-knob ignition and flame control.



The only caveat is that it does not have a wind guard. If it is windy it takes quite a while to cook food or boil water. I rigged a wind guard out of a box covered with aluminum foil and it worked wonders. I am planning on making one out of metal that is foldable so I can pack it along with the stove.



Overall, nice stove. Portable Butane Gas Camp Stove Camping Burner Range

I bought this stove at a local Asian foods market for 12 bucks. The fuel was well priced there too. While a windguard, as another reviewer mentioned, would have been great for the camping folks, this stove is perfect as a back-up method to heat food up during an electrical outage if a big storm comes your way. Given the economical price, it's a good thing to have around, with a couple of butane bottles, just in case....



One of the store employees showed me how to use it. When the fuel bottle is in place correctly in the stove it is releasing butane. Since this is the case, it is highly recommended that you take the butane bottle out of the stove when you are not actively using it.

As someone that has been an avid camper for many years, I find this stove to work very well for camping. It is lightweight, has a nice case, has a very uniform flame, and is economical to use.



It can also be used as a warmer for potluck and other buffet type applications.



It's cheap and functional .... what else do you need to say?

Initially, I wanted to purchase a propane camper type of heating stove. But, after Hurricane Ike in 2008, didn't have much choice.



This unit worked surprisingly well. Easy to operate, and, whereas I was concerned about wind blowing out the flame (no wind guard), the butane was powerful enough to handle mild wind.



Butane canisters were also inexpensive. Cooked several meals on less than one canister!



Comes with lightweight plastic case. A bit too big and not rugged enough for a backpack camper. But perfect for a car camper or picner.



For the price, this is hard to beat.

Several years I bought one of these stoves for use during an emergency (we live in earthquake country). Recently we decided to do some remodeling and our kitchen was out for a month. The stove let us cook breakfast everyday and did a great job. Never failed to light and one can of fuel lasted the entire month. Found fuel at ACE Hardware. Bought two units for friends who saw ours and wanted one. Both new units fired up with no problems. Not the most rugged construction so might not be the best camp stove but is great for use in the home (or boat, cabin, etc).

We bought this burner to take on vacation. We used it nearly every day--whether camping or staying in a hotel. It was easy to use. It was cool enough to pack up after breakfast. The carrying case kept it protected and kept all the parts in one place--important for us. The canisters are available at a couple of specialty markets in my area. But I bought a multipack of canisters from Amazon as part of a package deal. I was glad I did, because I wouldn't have known what to look for otherwise. I highly recommend this burner.

I travel a lot( drive a semi),and need to heat food. I have many 12 volt coffee makes, 12 v heating pots.I wait for 1 hour for a 12v pot of luke warm coffee.This stove will perk 8 cups of coffee, in 5 minutes flat,heat soup in 3 minutes.I use in out side of my truck and works great.

I love to cook but have an electric stove in my home. Electric stoves are fine for most things but not if you are making a roux or most sauces. The burners of electric stoves don't respond to rapid temperature changes so I use to try working off of two or three burners at a time so I wouldn't burn my sauce. This little stove is great because the flame is so responsive I am able to create perfect sauces and roux every time! Also I live in hurricane country and after not having power for three weeks after Katrina I make sure I have alternate cooking sources. I also took it on a several camping trips and it worked great but would recommend a wind shield if the wind is too high.

I got this stove for my camping trip to Grand Canyon. If you order it, go ahead and order the butane from the same seller, because it's really hard to find (at least it was for me).



The stove works like a charm. It burns nice and hot. When there was wind, I used the carrying case it comes in as a wind shield. Water boiled in mere minutes. I cooked great meals on it. The butane cans last a very reasonable amount of time. The stove cleans up nicely.



Since the trip, I've also used it to make crepes at an indoor event, and will use it for such occasions again and again - love it!! Very easy to use, too.

My brother-in-law and I fish several times at the pond on his farm, and we like to cook our catch while enjoying the outdoors. He had one burner that he had purchased a couple of years ago, but we fouond we could use another one to help speed up with the coffee, the fish, the potatoes, etc. I have one for home just in case we lose power, so I can fix coffee, soup, eggs, etc while we are without power... it happens here a lot since AEP loses power any time a storm blows in. - Camp Stoves - Portable Burner - Camp Stove - Camping Stove'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Not Recommended - camping stove, portable burner camping stove Not Recommended - camping stove, portable burner