Thursday 20 May 2010

Metal Banded - tachymeter, carrera


I purchased my Tag Carrera (Automatic Chronograph Day-Date) at Little Switzerland (authorized dealer) on 6/3/10 while on vacation in Aruba. I've had problems with it ever since. On the plane ride home I noticed two problems: 1.) the crown had imperfections in it. Not all of the adhesive (black filling) took to the crown - you could see "air pockets" under the black filling, and 2.) the stop watch did not accurately measure an hour as a result of the hour stopwatch hand not sitting exactly at the zero or 12 o'clock position (the hand doesn't reset properly). The hand sits a full hand in front of the zero or 12 o'clock position, which results in the stopwatch measuring an hour before an hour has past. I've tested the watch multiple times. The watch is close to being accurate on some occasions, but is significantly off on others (> 15 minutes per hour).



I contacted Little Switzerland and they said I would have to send my watch to the Tag Service Center in New Jersey (ok, fine). I sent the watch and received it back about a month later. Upon inspection, the back of the case was completely scratched. It appeared as though someone had used a wrong tool or a tool that did not properly fit, as the majority of the scratches were concentrated around the grooves in the back of the case (where a customized tool would fit to open the case). I immediately called the NJ Service Center. I took pictures and emailed them to the Service Rep I spoke to per her request. To make matters worse, the stop watch issue was not corrected. They asked me to return the watch so they could see the scratches for themselves. I had to argue with them before they would cover the shipping costs to re-send it.



I sent the watch back to NJ for them to once again correct the original time issue with the stop watch and to have the new scratches taken care of.



Upon receipt and inspection by Tag, they called me and said that there was no way the scratches were from them. I was speechless. Never did I think Tag would deny responsibility for the damage that they did to my NEW watch. Long story short, they finally offered to pay to have the case refurbished. Before any work was performed (internally for the stop watch issue) I spoke to a Technician regarding the stop watch issue. I talked her though the issue (while my watch was in her hands) and she agreed with my assessment and that there was an issue with the stop watch hour hand not resetting/measuring time properly. She assured me that the issue would definitely be resolved this time.



I received my watch back (for the 2nd time) 3 weeks later - on 8/19/10. The original stop watch issue has STILL NOT been CORRECTED, and not all of the scratches were able to be buffed out (goes to show you how deep some of the scratches were). I called Tag and spoke to the same Technician who assured me the issue would be resolved the 2nd time. She's now claiming that it must be a "human mechanical" issue on my part as to why the stop watch hour hand isn't properly resetting and accurately measuring time.



In short, I've had the watch for approximately 3 months (2 of those months Tag has had it at their service center "fixing" it). I cannot begin to express how dissatisfied I am with Tag's Customer Service, Quality Control and the watch itself - How does a "precision timepiece" of this value ever leave the warehouse with these types of problems?!? I would never think of buying another Tag watch again. Do yourself a favor and take this watch (or any Tag) off of your list if you're in the market to buy. TAG Heuer Men's CV2A10.BA0796 Carrera Automatic Chronograph Watch

I really like TAG Carrera automatic Chronograph Watch,but before I take it.I must make sure how good it is and how could I buy the cheapest one.Most important how quality it is,who knows please telling me! - Carrera - Metal Banded - Tachymeter - Chronograph'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Metal Banded - tachymeter, carrera metal banded Metal Banded - tachymeter, carrera