Friday 16 April 2010

License Plate Cover - cruiser accessories, car accessories


I don't own this license plate cover.. be advised that even a clear cover over the license plate is illegal in California. (CVC 5200) This tinted one likely obscures the plate from photo enforced traffic lights; plus police officers aim for the plate with their LIDAR speed guns depending upon the 980 nanometer IR laser to reflect with a Doppler frequency shift. They will spot a covered plate in a hurry. Cruiser Accessories Tuf-Shield Smoke Flat License Plate

Just off the bat here, I'm not really sure why someone would buy this product JUST to "protect" their licence plate. When I'm driving, the last thing I'm worried about damaging is my licence plate. Most people, like me, buy this product to make the appearance of their licence plate darker so it looks better on a full black car. This does the job very nicely, and I'm sure it will protect my licence plate well.

I've seen other tinted shields, and they were not as dark as this one. I took the rear one off and left the front one on. Depending on how bored the cops are they'll either pull you over for it or not, more likely they will at bar time or late at night as it is illegal here. I don't know if I'd buy another one. Also, if you're plate is attached with machine screws, this plate cover will require it's own bracket - which was not in the description - but was on the package when I received it. It works on my front plate as it is mounted with like a wood screw, but my back plate is a machiine screw - was not long enough to safely mount it and the plate.

This product is as described and is very nice looking. It fits flush on top of your license place and is made with very durable material. I would also suggest buying the cruiser license plate screws that are rust proof so you won't have rust running down your newly bought tuf-shield!

As advertised, these covers ar tough (I've been through the Bell and retail versions that always crack), and are low profile (with a lip which your tag will fit into). MUCH better quality than I could find at Wal Mart/NAPA (tried both and theirs cracked). A little more money gets you a product that's gonna last and will protect your special plates!! - Cruiser Accessories - Great - Covers - Car Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


License Plate Cover - cruiser accessories, car accessories covers License Plate Cover - cruiser accessories, car accessories