Friday 16 April 2010

Cell Phone Charger - android, case


I purchased this item to go with my Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V. The screen protector and case fit perfectly, and the charger works, however all are cheaply made and durability may be an issue in the future. Of course I didn't pay much either. This is the reason for the 4 start "I like it" rating versus the "I love it" one.



This case will fit any of the LG Optimus phones as the S simply means its used by Sprint and V is used by Virgin Mobile. Ironically they both use the Sprint 3G network!



For the price, this package is tough to beat. Just know that the case is lightweight hard plastic with a rubberized coating. It's not overly thick which is good, and snaps together well, however it's not likely to offer much protection for your phone and I have concerns that the coating will rub off quickly with much handling. The case doesn't block any ports, the camera or speakers.



If you want a cheap cover and charger for your LG Optimus, this package is a good buy. Just be gentle!



UPDATE: 3/30/11

The need to get the case off my phone has come up twice and despite being gentle taking it off n' on, the case is now starting to break at the tab portion - a flimsy plastic piece that if bent even slightly it will break off and or not connect. I'm not overly surprised, but yes, disappointed. Have now ordered a more expensive case by Otterbox to protect my phone. It's a bear to get on and off, but previous experience tells me that my phone will be safe and the case won't be breaking.



I'm still glad I purchased this package, but as expected durability of the case is an issue. GTMax Rapid Car Charger + Black Rubberized Hard Cover Case + LCD Screen Protector for Sprint LG Optimus S LS670

This case is a well built case that completely surrounds the phone and it stays on well. Fits on both the LG Optimus V and Optimus S. The screen protector quality is okay, but the application of it is easy. It is pre-cut to the Optimus' screen size and shape. Great deal for the price.

While I haven't yet added the screen protector to my LG Optimus V (I already have one in place, so it wasn't a priority), I have used the rapid car charger and the rubberized hard cover case and have these observations:



1) the case is a snug fit (which is a good thing) but requires help from a dinner-plate knife to get it apart once it's snapped in (which is a bad thing, especially since it increases the chances of creating small cracks in the case <which, yes, has happened>)



2) if you carry the phone in your pocket the rubber coating on the case doesn't take long to start rubbing off; I've been using mine for at most a month and there are already some bare spots on the back



3) given the price of the package and the reality that you can pay $35 for a case, you're welcome to take points 1) and 2) with a grain of salt



4) the car charger works fine so far, with these caveats: A) it gets hot quickly and seems to make the Optimus hot, too, and 2) my Subaru Outback has 2 12 volt plugs (one in the dash and a second in-between the two front seats) and the charger seems to work only in the dash-mounted one -- not sure why (NB: the one between the seats *does* work -- my daughter uses it to charge her iPod Touch)



Bottom line: you get what you pay for, and this package of accessories didn't cost much. I'm just crossing my fingers that I get a couple of years of use out of the charger and a good 6 months from the case.

I purchased this set for my Optimus V phone from Virgin Mobile. it arrived promptly and everything works as advertised. For the price, the quality was excellent and I'm very happy that I shopped at Amazon.

I bought this for my husband, and it sucks! The case lasted only a week and chipped all along the center so it wouldn't stay clasped onto the phone. The charger only lasted 2 days and wouldn't charge the phone without holding it a certain way, and well the only good thing about this was the screen protector it's still looks great... Do not buy!!!!!!!

I was so happy to receive this product I just had to write a review about it. The case fit my phone perfectly and I had no problems attaching it to my phone. It snapped right in place. The car charger works perfectly and the display cover works great too. I'm really glad I went with this seller and I give them a grade of A+++++++++GTMax Rapid Car Charger + Black Rubberized Hard Cover Case + LCD Screen Protector for Sprint LG Optimus S LS670 - Cell Phone - Cell Phone Accessories - Android - Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cell Phone Charger - android, case cell phone Cell Phone Charger - android, case