Thursday 1 April 2010

Belkin Wireless Router - router, wireless


I needed to replace my d-link wireless router after 7 years of admirable service and I noticed this Belkin router was on the cheap. Cheap doesn't necessarily mean good in this case though. This Belkin router drops the Internet connection every 10-20 minutes even though the cable modem is always working properly. After 4 support calls with Belkin and 2 with my cable provider, I rebooted the modem/router (multiple times), reinstalled the firmware, disabled all security, cloned MAC addresses, performed an exorcism (j/k) and I still couldn't resolve the problem. Both Belkin and my cable provider mentioned there's nothing else we could do, so time to shop for another router... Belkin Wireless 150N Router (F6D4230-4)

I had the same problems as the lost person did, the router would drop connection for no reason. Very frustrating!!!. Replaced this Belkin with a Netgear....haven't lost connection once. Would not buy another Belkin.

I experienced losses of connection 2-3 times daily from the day this router came out of the box. Went to Best Buy to find a replacement, pointed to it on the shelf and told the sales associate it wasn't holding the connection no matter what I tried. He said "that's because it's a terrible, terrible, router." Wish I had known!! Got a linksys and it works great.

Well, I was married 2 months ago and received one of these routers. I'm pretty tech savy and have had many routers over the years. Since it was new and "N" (as advertized I would use it over the old B/G stuff I had. For the first week it worked fairly well in our new apartment. It probably disconnected a couple times. The apartment provided local connections and you were required to provide your own wireless connection. The times it dropped I thought perhaps the complex had an issue. Then over time it grew worse. The router would drop my wireless/wired connection a few times a day until it progressed to a few times an hour. It sucked. So, I called tech support and it was a common issue. Apparently related to conflicting connections, namely wireless lan phone connections. Anyways, if you live in a small house away from other connections you have a chance this might work. As well as buying there usb connection for the wireless. Otherwise, waste of money!

Three days ago, I bought the Belkin 150N and had no trouble connecting it to my cable modem. Set it up to WAP2 protection and was off and running at ELEVEN Mbps faster than my old modem! Almost immediately, the signal drops started. Pages wouldn't load. I would open a new window and that wouldn't load. I'd get frustrated and open another: same story. I thought it was my browser and uninstalled, then re-installed Firefox...still had the same problem as before. Then I decided to try to get tech help at a website, but just out of curiosity decided to check things out here at amazon.com. I am so glad I did! I now see that the problem is all Belkin's. DO NOT buy this modem! It's worthless junk and I am taking it back tomorrow and buying the brand that everyone here has recommended.

I consider myself pretty techsmart. I rarely have to even read a manual when I operate a new device because I can figure it out. With this particular router, I HAD to read the manual because it wasn't obvious. The setup was easy enough, but setting up the wireless was very difficult for me. I'm used to just searching out a signal. This was not the case with this router.



After about an hour of messing with it, I finally got the wireless to work on my laptop. I have not been able to get it to work on our desktop, however. It is only connecting as local only and I've tried everything I know. Passworded, unpassworded. It's just not working. And not only that, but the wireless is sluggish. My pages lag and my connection seems to drop out. I'm actually connected via wire right now because it's faster.



For the price, I would be expecting something better than what I got. I will be taking this router back tomorrow and searching out DLink or Linksys because those are brands I know and trust. In fact, the only reason I got this brand because I didn't want to buy one that was 100 dollars. Darn my router crapping out the weekend of Black Friday!

I bought the Belkin Wireless 150N router a week ago. Like other reviews said, the router drops connections randomly every 10 mins or so. It took me quite a few days to figure out the issue was with the router not the cable modem. So I replaced it with a LinkSys router. Don't buy one until Belkin fixes the problem and makes public announcement. If you do, be sure to keep your receipt around! - Wireless - Wireless Router - Belkin Wireless Router - Router'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Belkin Wireless Router - router, wireless wireless router Belkin Wireless Router - router, wireless