Monday 8 March 2010

Swim Goggle - goggle, speedo


I've been a daily swimming for more than 30 years. I've used Speedo Ultra's, Swedish googles, Barracuda salt water goggles, Speedo Vanquishers, and Aquasphere Vistas. I've used each of these goggles for a significant amount of time.



While all of these goggles have something to commend them, none of them does everything the Kayenne's can do. The Ultras will stay on *no matter what*, but they're uncomfortable. The Swedish goggles are weirdly comfortable, but are prone to failure during racing starts or dives (and don't tell me it's because they weren't on correctly--these things failed Michael Phelps at the Goodwill games). Barracuda's are strictly for lap swimming; they are very comfortable, but I lost mine while swimming in surf (and don't even think about a racing start or aggressive flip turn). The Vanquishers look cool, but aren't very good (I used these for only a short time). The Vista's I really like, and still wear on occasion, but aren't good for aggressive turns or racing starts; they are however, a great lap swimming google.



The Kayenne does it all. It is as comfortable as the Vistas and as race worthy as my old Ultras. There are three different sized versions of the Kayenne: Regular, ladies, and youth. I recommend trying the regular's first, unless you know you have a small face.



The fit and finish of these goggles is a cut above anything I've tried. Only the Barracudas (the high end ones) have a comparable level of finish and they ARE very comfortable, but they are extremely prone to slipping. My Kayennes never slip, they never leak, and (when combined with Spit Brand anti-fog spray) they never fog.



I've stopped looking. I hope they never stop making this goggle. Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle With Smoke Lens, Clear/Silver

Best goggles I've ever had--I was miserable with my multiple other goggles. These are easy to adjust, provide a wide field of vision, don't fog up and don't leak. I swam a mile yesterday and didn't have to adjust them once. Furthermore, I didn't need to make them very tight to do this--just a comfortable fit and no headaches as I was getting with my previous pair.

Christmas 2010 i decided to buy myself a gift for upcoming triathlon training. I was tired of buying $10 goggles and having them leak, fog up or frustate me, so i decided to invest in something more expensive



Read some reviews here at amazon and decided to try these out. WOW -- what a difference. The air seal in these goggles is amazing, not a single drop of water has come through (ever), and the vision with the lenses is incredibly clear and wide.



Im sold, love them!!

I've tried various brands and styles of goggles over the years but these are the FIRST that do not leak! Not only that, but once I adjust the head straps, they STAY PUT rather than continually loosening up. And finally, they are the most comfortable I've used - you don't need to crank the straps too tight in an effort to solve a leaking problem. In terms of anti-fogging, these goggles are at least equal to, if not better than, other goggles. If leaking or uncomforatble fit are a problem for you, these are definitely worth a try!

Week 1 & 2

Best googles ever!



Week 3 & 4

What's wrong with this goggles?



Week 4 and on....

I hate these goggles. I usually swim about 30 minutes and 3 styles and after each lap I have to adjust them because the water leaks and it bothers me. For experience, I know that sometimes the problem is the oil the skin before putting them on, this is not the case. I wash my face and the goggles, but still the leak. After swimming, I end up with red eyes.



My conclusion

They work great for about a month or so and they are very stylish. I usually sacrifice the comfort for the style but I won't take it anymore and switch to better goggles.

I'm always trying new stuff...



In goggles and sunglasses I'm cursed with a large bridge and orbital process that makes everything ride high or too far from my face to seal well. I thought I'd have to settle on a larger mask type goggle until I heard about the Aqua Sphere's in Tim Ferris' 4 Hour Body.



I really like the fit and seal. However, I only gave 4 stars because I still find them to be "big" on my face.



My favorite goggles are Tyr Nest Pro Eagles (sold here at Amazon) and they will remain my #1 goggles for now.



However, these will make a great backup set. - Goggles - Swim Goggles - Goggle - Speedo'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Swim Goggle - goggle, speedo goggles Swim Goggle - goggle, speedo