Monday 8 March 2010

Bicycle Accessories


I had a difficult time trying to find a medium waist and a 30" length. All of the local retailers were only stocking 32" lengths and this forced me to find this product from another source. These pants are the lightest pants that I own and I have found that they are most comfortable during hot days. Even though these pants are light, the material is not as smooth as another pair of pants that I purchased from another source. One issue: I wish that the cargo pockets were located on the side of the legs instead of being on top of the front pockets. Items in the cargo pockets compete for space with the front pocket. I am not sure if I will have many occasions to use the convertible feature for turning the pants into shorts, but I will see. Columbia Men's Aruba III Pant,SAGE,Mx32

These pants are very lightweight, and they dry quickly. They run true to size, and they work well as shorts (legs zipped off) or as long pants. The pants have built-in underwear; ie the shorts are like a swim suit and can be used for swimming if you so desire. This has some good points, though I probably would not have chosen that feature if it were an option. Separate underpants are a bit more comfortable.

I order some knock offs a while back and they almost turned me off of nylon all together. These however are strong and well made. My only complaint is in the photo of the color sage, where it shows a much darker color then you get. Other than that I can't wait to go hiking in them and put them to the test.

I got these for my boyfriend before a trip to the Mediterranean. They were perfect! In the morning, it was sometimes chilly, then he could zip the legs off in the afternoon when it got warmer. So glad we got them. :)

These pants are light and comfortable. Also virtually waterproof. I was outside when it was pouring rain and stayed completely dry. They do run a bit long. I usually wear 36w 30L and I'm going to have to get these hemmed up. The thigh and hip pockets are far too deep to be practical--I have to reach half way up to my elbow to get whatever is at the bottom, but its not a big deal, I just use the thigh pockets.



As a side note I ordered a mediumx30, but received a largex30. The large actually fits well and are only slightly baggy. I would like a pair in gray mediumx30, but now they are out of stock.

These things have a tag on them saying they are fishing pants. I guess I didn't realize that when I bought them. The bottom line is that they are not perfect for hiking in my mind. They are just good.



Much like the other reviews have indicated, the pockets are a little unusual. They are deep and located on the front which is different than anyone would expect. If you have anything in your pocket, it definitely rubs against the body. This is because if the location of the pockets and the material is so thin.



I'm happy with these pants. The material is light and would dry out easily if wet. It's good for hiking and to keep the mosquitos off of me when hiking even in warm climates.



I had a difficult time understanding the sizes. I bought an Mx32 and it fits well for me. I am 6 foot, 170 pounds, waist is about 34-35 inches. This should fit a 36 inch waist well too. I also bought an Lx32 but the waist was way too big for me so I returned that one.



My problem with these pants is the material. After hiking for a few hours, I found the material to be uncomfortable against my skin. I started complaining about it and then my wife told me that it says they are fishing pants right on the pants.



So there you have it... good pants, good price, get the job done, but not perfect for hiking, and the pockets are a little unusual.

Hubby got these lightweight pants for travel, and has been very pleased with them. Made by Columbia, they are very well constructed of excellent nylon ripstop-type material, making them very durable. They are VERY lightweight, and the fact that they convert to shorts give him versatility. They have built-in netting, so the shorts also double as swim trunks, and they dry very quickly. The fit was true to size and the color neutral enough to match a variety of shirts with. He has expressed an interest in getting a couple more pairs as all he needs for our upcoming European trip.

I purchased these pants for kayak fishing. They are lightweight and shed water like you would not believe. After 3 hours in heavy spray they were still perfectly dry. Zip off feature is very nice. Size runs a bit big.

This is really a swim trunk /pants with a pull string belt, no zipper but has a mesh interior. They are very light and well made. So if you know your going to go swimming, and don't want to carry or wear swim trunks this is fine but I would pick something else if hiking is the primary use.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bicycle Accessories Bicycle Accessories Bicycle Accessories