Saturday 27 March 2010

Science Fiction - star wars, kindle


Similar to the first novel in this series this felt incomplete. It did progress the story further but the author would be better off including this and the previous book in one novel with still more storyline. Based off the exerpt in the last book (almost as long as the novel in the last book), it seems like this series is trying to build a background story for an upcoming novel rather than standing alone as a series.



Again approximately half the download was a preview for another novel, which appeared to be more interesting than the initial story. Unlike last time this upcoming story appeared to be unrelated to the Lost Tribe Of Sith plotline. Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #2: Skyborn

I found myself enjoying 'Skyborn' just a hairline more than the first offering 'Precipice'. Sadly, there isn't enough going on in the story to grab me and I found myself just going through the motions waiting to reach the end. With that said, I am hopeful that this series will improve with each new addition and that John Jackson Miller will give readers the kind of quality storytelling that will make Star Wars fans lose their minds. Having previously heard Miller say that he has something special up his sleeve, I'll continue to follow the series with some optimism. But I will be doing so with my fingers crossed.

After reading the entire Star Wars:Legacy of the Force series I decided that I would commit to the next one, the Fate of the Jedi. In the second book in the series (Omen)we are introduced to a new Sith culture, one that has been accidentally seperated from the rest of the galaxy for the last 5000 years. This is very different from the "There can only be Two" Sith culture, which makes sense since they missed the whole rise of Darth Bane, the Sith Lord that founded the rule of two.



This short story, The Lost Tribe of the Sith: Skyborn, continues in telling the back story on how the Sith not only ended up on the planet Kesh but managed to rule it and it's inhabitants. Set 5000 years before time of The Fate of the Jedi we are introduced to a galaxy full of Sith. If you plan of reading TFOTJ series this will give you insight into some of the most interesting and complex villians to inhabit the Star Wars expanded universe in some time. I am guessing there will be several short books in this series, each timed to gather interest in the Fate of the Jedi stories. Far from being just a publicity vehicle I found the story intriging and engaging. It adds to the legend of some of the baddest guys in the galaxy, the Sith. I look forward to the next stories in this clever series.

Like others have said this is not really a novel, it is part of a short story. It could have been a great story, but there is not enough there to tell. No character development, interesting action, or anything of worth. It may be free but don't get it anyway.

This is an excellent short story! I was intrigued with 'Omen' and have to say that this addition is building into a very interesting storyline.



One appealing plot line is how the Sith are being portrayed as somewhat "normal" humans with Force abilities, not the diabolical, evil cult we've always heard about. There are obvious undertones of an ulterior motive - allowing the natives to believe they are 'gods'; trying to explain away cold blooded murder, etc - but there is also a notion of civility. You might even say there is a hint of compassion in there.



I hope this storyline continues throughout the 'Fate of the Jedi' series... it will be interesting to see how things play out.

I am kind of a Star Wars nerd, I've read at least 30 of the extended universe novels, so when I saw this short series for free on the Kindle store, I was naturally excited. The story was enough to keep me interested, different that what I was expecting, but still a very nice addition to the Star Wars universe. Having read them, I can honestly say I would pay to read them again!

Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #1: Precipice was an intriguing opening chapter to the Lost Tribe of the Sith series, but it left a lot wanting. Skyborn takes up that mark and starts to move in the right direction. The author gets the chance to show his world-building skills a bit, and it comes off well. The exploration of the society is certainly entertaining, as is their reaction to the arrival of the Sith. This piece didn't blow me away, but I'll be here for round three. - Star Wars Books - Star Wars - Kindle - Science Fiction'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Science Fiction - star wars, kindle science fiction Science Fiction - star wars, kindle