Thursday 18 March 2010

Klipsch S2m - iphone, in-ear


I purchased this product based on price and Klipsch's reputation.



The sound is excellent! Great mids and highs, the lows are good but not super bass. I believe that more bass on these phones would distort the great mids and highs. I listen to all types of electronic music including drum and bass and these phones sound great.



They are very comfortable but I will admit you will need to give yourself a little time for your ears to adjust to these type of head phones. Be a little patent and your eardrums will be happy.



The mic works very well, I have been walking home from work for the past three weeks and walked through windy conditions and people have not had a problem hearing me.



I rated this product five stars based on price and performance. This is the best buy for around $40.



Works great with HTC Incredible. (ANDROID FTW) Klipsch Image S2m Noise-Isolating Headset with Microphone and Single-Button Control

I was hoping these were decent sounding, though mostly bought for the integrated mic so I could use with my iPhone 4 (company phone) and Droid X (personal phone) to make calls. Works with both but the sound is absolutely the worst I've heard in any headphones that cost more than $5. I broke them in for 24 hours as often is recommended for headphones, but that didn't improve the sound. I've tried high end headphones, UE Triplefi ~$400, other more moderately priced UE's, Shures, stock Apple, all the way down to cheap Coby's. These are the worst for sound. No bass and very tinny. The Elago E5's, also available from Amazon at the same price, are great sounding for the price, have the integrated mic, are better made, just as comfy, way better in every way. Though other Klipsch products I've tried seem decent, stay away from these unless you can pick them up close to free. I'll use them for phone calls, no music, but only if nothing else is available.

I have been wanting to by the bose but have been too cheap. I settled for these and let me say, it was well worth the money. I cannot speak about how these compare to the bose, or other high end headphone, but for the price they are a super buy! I own a landscaping business and have used many noise canceling headphones through the years. I've recently settled for the phillips in ear headphones because they stayed in so much better than any other. They discontinued them (or i've not been able to find them in stores). I decided to just take the plunge and get the bose since i would be spending >$50 anyway. I found these and thought for the price, i would give them a try. I could not be happier. These are by far and away, some of the best headphones i have ever had. I love them. The mic sounds much better than the iphone mic that comes in the box.

Picked up a pair of these yesterday on sale for $20. I have had a long running quest for the perfect yet not pricey headset. My requirements: good fit (I have small ear canals), comfort, great sound quality, good microphone, button to answer/ hang-up/ play/ pause.



I'm really happy with the sound quality from these. I'm hearing a lot of detail in the music that I don't pick up with other headphones. As far as sound goes, I have some ifrogz EarPollution Timbre with a Walnut body that give a warmer sound. I like them, but they don't reproduce the details like the Klipsch does.



They are pretty comfortable (I'm using the smaller caps), although since they stick out so much you can't for example lay on your side in bed.



I am told also my voice is very clear with the mic on the Klipsch S2m.



The length of the cord is great. Also, I'm pleased the 3.5mm connector is 90 degree angled. I use it with my phone in my pocket most of the time and this will for sure prevent wear and tear since it doesn't stick out 3/4" from the phone (an iPhone 4, but I'm sure it will work fine with any other 3.5mm audio jack phone.)



So far, I highly recommend it.

They sound okay. They were cheap. I'm a fan of Klipsch. The plugs mostly stick in your ears, mostly, and that works. But they wouldn't make calls on an iPhone without forcefully reefing down with your thumb on the connector - otherwise, nobody hears you on the other side of the call.



I took a riffler file to the brass shoulder on the plug and that helped a little. Then I took a drill bit to the hole on my iPhone and that helped a little more. Now I have headphones that work.



But it involved taking tools to the tech. If you're not comfortable doing manufacturer rework in order to get these things to go, don't buy 'em. - Earphones - In-ear - Klipsch - Iphone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Klipsch S2m - iphone, in-ear in-ear Klipsch S2m - iphone, in-ear