Thursday 18 March 2010

Kitchen Chair With Step Stool - kitchen chair with step stool, kitchen stool


This Chair/stool has plastic parts in key locations that cause poor performance. The steps slide on a poorly conceived plastic rail that produce rough movement and frequent derailment that is difficult to repair. Retainers that guide the steps on the rail break easily. Original stool was solid, sturdy, and functional. This re-make is not. Cosco 11120RED1 Retro Chair/Step Stool, Red

My husband and I had no problems putting this chair together. It is quite sturdy. My young grandsons enjoy using it as much as I do. The track system for the steps does not stay in place, however this is a minor problem for me. I looked everywhere for one of these chairs and I was very pleased to find it. The red color is fun and cheery. I have back pain and this chair makes it much less painful to work in the kitchen for long periods of time.

I selected this chair over the white chair/step stool, also offered through Target, because it looked sturdier. However, the parts are so poorly constructed that they do not fit together well, and there is a significant wobble to the legs. The sliding mechanism for the steps is primitive and constantly derails. I bought this stool as a perch for my 2-year old daughter to watch me work in the kitchen, but it is so unstable that I am afraid to let her climb on it.Also, while the assembly instructions are easy to follow, either the screws and/or the accompanying Allen wrench are too flimsy. I could not tighten the screws properly before the wrench was completely stripped.

I am a Grandma and I had an original stool. However when Grandpa and I divorced he got the stool. I always missed the little fella (not Grandpa) and when I found a replacement on Amazon I ordered at once. It isn't real easy to assemble but by backing off bolts here and there I am satisfied with the assembly. As good as the original and the bright red color is a knockout. I am delighted that I was able to get a new "old" freind.

I got a couple of these chairs (red and yellow) over two years ago to use in our kitchen. They are good because they have a small footprint and fit in a tight kitchen. I think they are uncomfortable to sit on, but I doubt you could make it any more comfortable and keep the dimensions acceptable and my kids (2 and 4 when we first got the chairs) love them.



I don't think the quality is all that unacceptable considering the price, you just don't get great stuff for <$100 any more. There have been kids beating the crud out of ours for over two years and I've never had any trouble with them breaking. They say the steps come out of their tracks but we've never had that happen, they say the chair is mostly plastic and cheap but the only plastic I can find is the step unit tracks (they are pretty solid thick chunks of plastic) and they both have metal arms outside of them to also brace the taller legs. Other than the steps being useless for anyone over 3 feet tall they are fine. We got one assembled and one we had to assemble, I didn't think it was too hard to put together and as long as you use the right tools and follow the instructions you'll be okay.



The bad part of the chairs is that they are narrow and tall making them quite unstable. The kids managed to tip them over backwards more than once in the first few months they used them. I'm probably the worst dad ever not to toss them out right then but they never got more than a bruise and they manage to hurt themselves with everthing once or twice...lol. They figured out what not to do on the chairs and no one has tipped over for the last year and half at least. Also, the black rubber/plastic 'stuff' on the steps has deep ridges in it (for traction I guess), these are really hard to clean if the kids spill something down there (especially when they don't tell you and it gets crusty!!!). Those are my biggest two gripes about the chair.

This stool is a handy dandy piece of equipment. We have used it for a variety of purposes.



The stool is solid, and I think rather heavy...which is both good and bad. The chair bears a condierable amount of weight, but the heft makes it slightly cumbersome to move.



The major drawback of the stool is that the steps are on glides instead of hinges. I don't know what synthetic material the glides are, but I do know that some synthetics (plastics) are actually stronger and last longer than aluminum alloy metals. The problem is not the glides themselves, but that steps will slide out when moving the chair (if the chair is tilted forward). We have gotten used to carrying the chair, from room to room, when it needed to be moved, with the chair slightly tilted backward. No biggie.



The size of chair is a plus for us. It fits in tight spaces and cramped rooms very easily. No oversized adult (including myself) making an impromtu visit has complained of discomfort from sitting on the stool. As matter of fact, the stool is preferred to lower seating and requested by many, especially seniors.



Its a gas!

I bought this because my grandparents had a similar stool when I was growing up. Although the quality of this one isn't as good as the old one, it still serves its purpose in my kitchen. I've also gotten many compliments on it. All-in-all, I am quite satisfied with my purchase. (It was difficult to assemble with the -tools- included.)

We bought this because I can remember my grandmother having one in her kitchen that me and my sister used to fight over. Now my son and daughter fight over this one. I guess we'll have to buy another. It works great and my 3 year old drags it to the sink to wash his hands. We are very pleased with our purchase. - Kitchen Stool - Cosco Step Stool - Retro - Kitchen Chair With Step Stool'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kitchen Chair With Step Stool - kitchen chair with step stool, kitchen stool kitchen stool Kitchen Chair With Step Stool - kitchen chair with step stool, kitchen stool