Thursday 18 March 2010

Chargers - charger, tools


This thing will over-charge your battery and ruin it if you leave it charging more than a day. Spend a few $$$ more and get the smart charger (the orange one) it will not keep charging when the battery is full. Also the power on the unit will fry-out if left plugged in. Black and Decker PS180 14.4 Volt Battery Charger #418352-02

Do yourself a favour and buy the DeWalt DC9310 Heavy-Duty 7.2 Volt - 18 Volt 1 Hour Charger instead. It charges both the Black & Decker PS140 (14.4V) and PS130 (12V) Firestorm batteries.



I've wasted money on 3 of these Black & Decker chargers and that doesn't include a free replacement on the charger that came with the set and stopped working on the second day. I thought I was doing something wrong all of this time - leaving the batteries charging too long and cooking the charger - until I read the reviews here. Seems like everyone has the same problem. Black & Decker should be ashamed of themselves and I will never buy one of their tools again - Rigid, Ryobi or DeWalt for me in future.



My 14.4V Firestorm set has been sitting in the basement collecting dust until my wife said she was going to throw them out and I thought I'd have one last go at salvaging it (as it cost about $200 when new). As I couldn't find the charger or batteries in the stores, I started looking on line and found that Black & Decker doesn't even support these models anymore (thanks for nothing, B&D !!) With the help of other reviews on Amazon, I eventually found (and bought) the DeWalt DC9310 charger and it's the best $30 I've spend in ages. Not only does it fit and fully charge the 14.4V Firestorm batteries, it fits and charges the 12V Firestorms as well.



Thank you, DeWalt. Thank you, Amazon reviewers. And stuff you, Black & Decker.

This type of charger is adequate, but if you plug in a bad battery, it will short out. I have done this 3 times already, but I now have a battery tester which I use before recharging my batteries. The best thing about it is the price.

If you need to replace the charger that came with your PS130 Firestorm battery DON'T BUY THIS ONE. I charged the battery once and it worked fine. The second time I went to charge the battery, the charger was not working and now I need to replace it. What poor quality from Black and Decker. I wonder if they really care?

Item was a perfect match..replacement charger for my B&D drill! Recieved promptly, and well packaged! Was priced at less than half price from even the cheapest of parts retailers. Will def recommend this seller! - Tools - Charger - Battery - Black Decker Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Chargers - charger, tools tools Chargers - charger, tools