Saturday 27 February 2010

Wine Cooler - avanti, wine refrigerator


I bought this cooler to go under a walk up counter being added to our basement. Before buying I searched for reviews here as well as on the web, but didn't find anything stating bad experiences or poor quality issues with this model. The cooler arrived without issue so I thought things were good. We held off on finalizing our cabinet order until the cooler arrived to make sure everything allowed for the recommended spacing(rear, sides & top) necessary to avoid overheating/burn out issues. After a 1 day test to make sure everything worked, the unit sat in the box for nearly 60-days while the cabinets and countertop were built and placed. Once everything was complete, we set the cooler in its spot and started to enjoy our newly finished basement. It wasn't more than 30-days of use before the temp rose from 42 to 57 degrees and wouldn't cool any lower.



I called Compact Appliance to address my problem and was told that my purchase date was more than 90-days ago so only parts are covered by warranty. If I wanted to, I could pay $75.00 up front to cover their minimum labor costs, I must pay the shipping costs back to C.A for repairs and I would not be given the address for return shipping until I paid them the minimum labor fee. Given I was charged $90.00 for delivery initially, I figure we are looking at $165.00 to maybe fix a manufacturer defect with the same OEM part(s) that failed after only 30-days of operation.



If i had it to do over again, I would have avoided this product and bought a slightly higher priced Danby, Avanti, or GE Profile and probably would have come out ahead. At least these other brands have local service/repair support.



Don't make the mistake I made.... Stay away from this unit, or look on Craigslist for mine if you only need a 57 degree cooler. New EdgeStar 94 Soda Can Built In Beverage Cooler Refrigerator

Nice looking unit. Looks great. Stopped cooling 3 days out of the box. Called the maker and they were very prompt in replacing the unit. The new one unit works great so far. Did not like the hassle but was impressed with with the way they handled it.

It's a perfect fit for the trash compactor that we never used and looks great. This would work better for wine or anything you don't want ice cold, the lowest setting is 39 degrees which sounds quite cold but... not really. It's not as quiet as I had hoped. That said the price is great, looks great and fills the spot with a little more frig space that I can always use.

Overall, I am happy with this product, especially for the price. However, it was very difficult to attach the handle due to unclear directions and zero diagrams. Also, the shelves do not fit exactly as described in the manual, but are still functional. Lastly, I am not able to fit all 94 cans into the unit, but enough that I am still able to keep my bar comfortably stocked. I would buy again, but if you need exactly 94 cans, this may not hold them all. - Wine Refrigerator - Avanti - Danby - Wine Cooler'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Wine Cooler - avanti, wine refrigerator danby Wine Cooler - avanti, wine refrigerator