Saturday 27 February 2010

Case Fans - case fan, computer fans


It blows air.. it is quiet.. It is not as bright as the picture shows by any means. I uploaded a few pictures just to try & show you.. Not the greatest pictures but more realistic then the one Amazon has up there lol. Great for the price but if you want something brighter, look into another fan! Cooler Master Computer Case Cooling R4-L2R-20AC-GP

I bought 2 of these to replace the fans that came in my case. I am very happy with these so far. They are very quiet and move plenty of air.My case temp hit about 40c tops with the fans set at the lowest speed setting in the BIOS.I have 2 Radeon 4770 cards running in crossfire mode, as well as having my system overclocked.

Recently the 360 in our entertainment center over heated. The door was open but the building heat in the area was enough to shut down the system with 2 red rings. I bought this and wired it to an old router power converter. That is plugged into my reciever and when you turn it on the fan comes up. The fan is screwed to the back of the entertainment center that I cut a hole in. This one fan is more than enough to cool the receiver, 360, wii, ps3, and cable box. Not that all of them are running at once but it works great. It even gives a blue glow from behind everything that looks better than I thought it would. This fan isn't as bright as most with clear holders surrounding the blades. Great fan over all. Runs very quiet and moves a ton of air.

When you buy a cooler master product you know you can't go wrong. I bought one of the 120mm green led fans plus one with red leds and another one with blue leds. They work like a charm. Quiet and reliable. I'm very happy with them and I'd recommend them to anyone.

I was kind of skeptical at first but after the first week of installing this fan in my case I love it. It keeps my system temp at no higher than 84 degrees. Would recommend for anybody that needs better system cooling fan.

Amazon originally showed this fan having dimensions of 120 x 25 x 120 inches. Clearly a computer case fan is NOT going to be 10 feet wide, 10 feet high, and 2 feet deep. Being a conscientious sort of person, I clicked the 'update product info' link and submitted a correction that the dimensions should be in mm (millimeters), not inches. I even provided a link to the CoolerMaster (manufacturer) website product page to confirm what should be blindingly obvious.. so what happens? I get an email a day later telling me Amazon cannot make the correction as they can't verify it, or I am incorrect. Unbelievable.



I resubmitted the correction, along with a few choice words. This time they change it, but instead of changing the product dimensions from 120x120x25 inches to 120x120x25 mm as it should be, they actually calculate the conversion from mm to inches, and currently the product dimensions show as 4.7 x 1 x 4.7 inches, a sizing that nobody who purchases case fans will recognize, as case fans are always classed in terms of mm, not inches.



Seriously, you can't make this stuff up. Amazon, you have really outdone yourself; you get the gold medal for sheer stupidity. Good luck trying to make many sales on this product as it stands! I have submitted a correction once again - maybe Amazon can get it right the 3rd time, but based on what they've done so far, I wont hold my breath.



Here's the manufacturers product sheet if anyone wants to see the real product specs:

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/upload/download/155/files/ProductSheet_R4-L2R-20CG-GP.pdf

Its a 90 CFM, 2000RPM, 120x120x25mm case fan, with relatively silent 19dBA noise level and sleeve bearing type.



Despite it being listed as a CPU cooler fan, it is not pulse width modulated (PWM), so if plugged directly into the motherboard it would run constantly at the full 2000RPM, not variable speeds depending on CPU temp. If you run it through a separate manual fan controller device it would work fine though.



This certainly makes an ideal case fan imho (I have a couple of them in my case) - it has a higher airflow than the standard CoolerMaster 120mm fans, which usually run around 69CFM or less depending on the model. It's a good product, shame Amazon seem to have such an issue getting the specs right. 5 stars.

I didn't think I was going to get much quality for $10, but I was pleasantly surprised. This fan does provide a nice amount of air and is very quiet. I used these after using some Antec Tri Cool fans and the fan is a lot dimmer in light output which I find as a plus. You can still see the light but it won't light up a room at night. It does not have a speed switch like my previous Antec, but since it's so quiet it's not really an issue.

This fan looks cool and works well but it has such an annoyingly high pitched sound that my ears hurt and I get headaches just turning on my computer; I am thinking of taking these out of my computer or something just to rid of the annoying sound!

These fans are by far the quietest that I have tried. I have five different makes of similar type fans and none are as quiet as these. They still move a surprising amount of air and I have installed six of them in two computers now. Mine have run for about a month at this time.

One thing I've noticed, and this is true of my other make fans to a lesser degree, is that placing the inlet side of the fan against a grille will cause a whine---they must be spaced a little away to avoid this. A grille on the outlet side doesn't have this effect. - Computer Fans - Cooling - Cooler Master - Case Fan'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Case Fans - case fan, computer fans cooling Case Fans - case fan, computer fans