Sunday 28 February 2010

Adapter - adapter, universal laptop ac adapter


This is light weight unlike other cheap adapters. Weighs about the same as an ordinary cellphone charger. Approximate dimension: 7.5cm x 4.8cm x 3.5cm.



Output voltage measured 9.22V~9.23V while selector was set at 9V and input current at 119.2V to 119.6V. This is an impressive ~2.55% variance (without considering the fact that the input voltage was not exactly 120V). A new 9V alkaline battery measures 9.29V. Hosa ACD477 AC 100-240V Multi Voltage DC Adaptor

Unlike all the other universal DC supplies I've seen, this one is voltage regulated. This means there's a semiconductor control that keeps the voltage constant across a wide range of loads. Without regulation, the voltage of a DC supply will only be correct when it's providing its rated current output. If the load is less, the voltage will rise and could damage the device being powered.



The supply is rated for 1200mA and can run on AC at 100 to 240 volts. Under a 580mA load on the 12v setting the voltage fell from 12.06v to 11.82v. On the 6v setting it fell from 5.68v to 5.48v. This is pretty good. With the regulation, there's no risk of damaging the device being powered, as long as you set the voltage and plug polarity properly.



Compared to another of my universal supplies, this one causes a bit less buzz when powering a little self-amplified speaker. I had to hold the speaker right up to my ear to hear the noise.



Since it's a switching power supply rather than a transformer, it's small and light compared to other universal supplies I've seen. When left plugged in with no load, it doesn't get warm at all.



The AC plug prongs fold down for easier storage.



The only criticism I'd offer is that the selection of plug tips could be better. I'd like to see a couple of the headphone-like plugs, and a 9-volt battery connector. If it had 12 plug tips like some other supplies, it'd be a perfect product. But I think you can buy other tips of this type; it seems to be a standard.



I may buy a couple more of these.

I bought this to replace the one that came with my router. My wireless router's original adapter goes really hot in use. Since I needed to keep it on everyday, I was afraid that it would explode and burn my house someday. This one works pretty well, the temperature keeps in a normal range and it is adjustable for other products.

I hooked it up to my multimeter and all voltages were within .3v with fairly clean power from the wall. It powers an old RF Modulator and video switch, and works splendidly. Only had it a few days so if it blows up (doesn't get hot so doesn't seem likely) i'll be sure to redo this review. Good product in my opinion. Came with the tip i wanted and any reviewer who says it doesn't show polarity didn't read the instruction manual. Says exactly how to do the polarity correct.

I had gotten my sis an ihome set on sale for her bday but it was missing the cord and I couldn't find one anywhere finally I found one on here and ordered it... It came really fast and I was able to give my sis a working ihome for her bday. It comes with a lot of different adapters so it will work with many different appliances.

The Hosa Universal adapter is a great buy for the price. Its small and uses universal type plug ins. In another words, Other type of old universal adapter plugs can be used on this adapter. it uses the 2 pin plug-ins. It has all the various types of voltages for small electronic/electric appliances and devices.

It works just fine. I replaced a proprietary power adapter for a drum machine with this one for half the price. Comes with a set of connectors tips, and you're good to go as soon as you figure out which one is your device's size and polarity.

The device works well. But be careful if your device that needs charging is not of US origin. This adaptor's connector tips have holes inside them; positive and negative poles are placed such that one of them is outside of the connector tip and the other one is inside of the hole in the tip. So if your device that is to be charged originally has connectors without holes which means both poles are outside of the tip you can't use this adaptor's connector tips. As a workaround I cut my original connector's wires and plugged the bare wires to the socket which actually needs the connector tips to be plugged in. - Universal Laptop Ac Adapter - Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Adapter - adapter, universal laptop ac adapter adapter Adapter - adapter, universal laptop ac adapter