Thursday 7 January 2010

Work Pants - levi, cargo


The pants must be designed by someone who has worked in the construction field. Pockets are designed perfectly, secure but not so secure you can't get into them easily. Reinforced in areas I need extra reinforcement due to daily use. The material is durable but not so heavy they pull off your hips. RIGGS WORKWEAR by Wrangler Men's Ranger Pant, Bark, 34W x 34L

*Summary*

Pants measurements as labeled, may be exception for pants



*My Experience*

Ordered 30W x 30L - my usual size. Pants tight on waist and not long enough. Tape-measured actual sizes of pants to be 31" waist & 29.5" inseam.



Concurrently, tape-measured pair of old "30Wx30L" jeans, which fit well. Came-out 32.5" waist x 31" inseam.



Returned 30W x 30L and ordered 32W x 32L. This time minutely loose and long. Washed in hot and dried in hot (not per instructions), pants shrunk 1" waist and length. Now fits great!



*Conclusion*

My waist & inseam actually not 30Wx30L. Rather, most pants are made wider and longer. Riggs Workwear made as labeled. Washing/drying in hot temp shrinks pants slightly.



*Suggestion*

Measure actual waist and inseam of body, and order that size or slightly larger; which may not be your usual size.

I have searched for many different kinds of cargo pants for work and Riggs Workwear have been the best. They have deep front (good concealability) and cargo pockets, a nice cell phone pocket and the fabric is durable yet comfortable. The right front pocket has a leather protector for those that carry a knife. They look good on a 6'3" 195 frame, other cargos haven't been so friendly. The back pockets have no flap and the cargo pockets are snap flaps instead of velcro which is the reason I stopped wearing my previous favorite Union Bay cargos - the velcro flaps would always get bunched up.

Rip-stop, comfortable, and look good-lets not mention the pockets which for someone who works in construction, works really well. The only drawback is the lack of colors they come in. It usually takes me a year or less to burn through a pair of jeans, and I still have my first pair of Riggs from three years ago. ( Abet a little worn)

These are by far the best work pants I've owned. In the past I would buy a cheap pair of jeans for work because I knew they would get worn out and thrown away. That's not the case with these Riggs pants, they are durable and stand up to everything I do. I own a landscaping business and these pants have been put in rough conditions and they are still going where other pants have worn out. An extra bonus is not only all of the pockets but the pockets are huge, I have no problem getting anything I need in them. These pants are durable enough to survive hard work and nice enough to look professional while meeting clients. Buy a couple of pairs, you'll love them.

i've been wearing cargo pants for years. these are particularly well designed. the location of the pockets is just right; the details (like double thickness of fabric over the knees, and a leather patch on the right pocket to keep a knife's clip from fraying the fabric) shows some serious thought has gone into the pants.



i'm going to buy some more of them - i'm very happy. - Levi - Pants - Mens - Cargo'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Work Pants - levi, cargo pants Work Pants - levi, cargo