Thursday 7 January 2010

Framing Nailer


Counter to the previous reviewer. This price is actually not out of line at all for the quality. Home Depot and Lowes do not carry 3 inch, which I prefer to use for frame work. These nails are very high quality and have a nice cement coat on the front half of the nail to prevent backout. I drove over 1000 of these nails when finishing my basement no jam's no bent nails all sunk to about 3/32 below the surface on a strait drive at about 85 to 90 psi. I have an FR350 Porter Cable, if you are wondering what gun I used. B & C Eagle A3X131/22 Round Head 3-Inch-by-.131-Inch-by-20 to 22-Degree Plastic Collated Smooth Shank Framing Nail (500 per Box)

This product works great with the Porter Cable framing nailer. I mistakenly purchased the half head nails before which continuously caused jamming. I replaced them with B&C Eagles Round Head and it immediately relieved that issue.

These nails work perfectly in my Porter Cable Framing Nailer. I have used 250 nails and I have not had one jam, NOT ONE! This cannot be said for the nails you'd fine at Home Depot or Lowes, the nails they sell aren't the correct degree of angle and they are PAPER collated not PLASTIC collated (BIG DIFFERENCE) thus jamming is going to occur. Most small jobs can be done with a box of 500. Building a whole this box of 500 will not do, but for small to medium sized projects, this is winner. Complaining because the price is too high is not the nail manufacturers fault this is the posted rate for their product, and if you felt burned after going to the big box stores, then this is your own fault. Bottom Line: For Porter Cable Nailers that require 22 degree angle this is an excellent choice.

I could not find these nails at any of the big box home improvement stores.

But Amazon had them. They are exactly what I needed. They were a good price, and arrived promptly. What more can you ask for?

I gave these nails three stars because of the current pricing. Home Depot and Lowes both sell boxes of these nails at 4000 per box. The current pricing as of August 2010 is $38.98 for an entire 4000 box. The current Amazon price is $14.53 for 500, so 4000 nails is $116.24. Nearly triple the cost.

Ok you can't compair to lowes their high to begin with. But It does seem high priced for 500 nails. hope these are the right nails for my gun.

C/h ironforce. also the free shipping is very slow. like a snail with

a broken leg.By the time they get here I can use them to nail down my ice shanty on the lake.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Framing Nailer Framing Nailer Framing Nailer