Monday 11 January 2010

Vented Shirt - vented shirt, bicycle accessories


These are probably the nicest looking and best fitting zip-off-style pants I've seen; I have some other Columbia zip-offs I like, but these look smoother and fit really nicely, true to size.



The good: Lots of pockets with the right assortment of closures. One back pocket closes with a zipper, the other has a small velcro tab (not a flap, which are just plain silly and ugly for back pockets). Side pockets, the same; one zips, the other has a velcro-closed flap (OK for side pockets), and both are located nicely, not smack in the front or too far on the side. Even carrying spare batteries and filter for my cameras, along with maps in the side leg pockets didn't show a bulky mass because of the good location of the pockets. The fabric is comfortable and dries extremely quickly; not too thin, and the pockets are a tight netlike material that seems appropriate and works well.



The rest: These come with a fabric belt, which is actually pretty nice, but it goes through a tubular belt loop that runs all the way from one side to the other, with only about a 2-3" opening on each side of the front. If you carry cameras or other belt-pack items, this limits your choices of where to slide them for best comfort and usage. A nice arrangement in many ways, but it still limits your choices. The pants are so nicely made that I'd be hesitant to snip out a section of that belt tube so I can locate the camera where I want it, but I suppose it's possible.



This model is not the "packable" version (the ones that come with a reversible zipper on one back pocket, so you can gather the whole pair of pants into the pocket and zip it closed for backpacking). Minor issue for me, they're still packable, just not in that way. And, when you pack them that way, they generally come out as a wrinkled mess, so maybe it's just as well.



The bottom of the pant legs does not have the velcro/snap fastener that opens up the leg bottom so the removed pants leg will slide over a boot; you'll have to remove your hiking boot, though you may be able to slide it over a compact shoe. This does make it look nicer though, so it's a tradeoff for utility vs. appearance.



These are really "five star" pants, but I gave them four mostly because of the belt situation...and even that has both good and bad points. Highly recommended. Columbia Men's Silver Ridge II Conv Pant,Sage,34-30

I found these pants were true to size. They are somewhat baggy (on me), but I prefer them that way. I usually wear compression shorts underneath to prevent chaffing. They're lightweight and quick drying so I wouldn't hesitate doing water crossing in them. Columbia have put left and right labels on the zippers of the detachable leggings. I found this a little funny considering most people would be able to work it out themselves and it would have saved on material (just me nit-picking here). - Vented Shirt - Bicycle Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Vented Shirt - vented shirt, bicycle accessories bicycle accessories Vented Shirt - vented shirt, bicycle accessories