Monday 11 January 2010

Relaxed Fit


I am a homeowner who lives in the country and is constantly fixing something. Whether it's woodworking or small construction projects, I tend to stress jeans in three places, the right pocket where my tape measure slides on, the back pockets, and the crotch area. The Riggs jeans are reinforced in all three areas. Also, I am 6'7" and weigh 260 lbs. Needless to say, it is difficult to find clothes that fit. I read about Wrangler's Riggs jeans in a magazine article about work clothing and decided to try them. The jeans I bought were size 40x36. I have been wearing them now for two months and have no complaints. The cloth is thicker and hardier than normal jeans, something I found helpful when cutting trees for firewood. The pockets are deeper (something I very much appreciate), and the build quality of the jeans is excellent - triple stitching in all the important areas. I think the part that really tops the whole deal off is the price. These jeans were priced at $27 with free shipping. Excellent product, excellent price. What more can I say? Riggs Workwear By Wrangler Men's Work Horse Jean, Antique Indigo, 40W x 32L

I normally don't write reviews, but these pants are great work pants that last. My husband wears these pants to work and they hold up wash after wash. Recommend them for anyone who is looking for a good work pant.

I'm a long-time user who really likes these pants.



They are very sturdy, comfortable work pants with a usable hammer loop. The crotch gusset and full cut make for easy, full-range movement. They are a little warm in the California heat but not unbearable - the trade you make for extra durability.



I have never worn through the Cordura-lined back pockets even though I often sit on the tools I carry in them.



The pocket patch on the right front pocket is supposed to protect against tape measure clip wear but it spreads the clip because of the extra thickness. A tape measure will not be secure if you change back to other pants after hanging it over the protector patch. Hang your tape on the watch pocket until you are a believer in the pants. Then move on to the pocket patch if you wish. I keep my tape on the watch pocket anyway because the tape is out of the way if I want to put my hand in my front pocket and it stays put better when crouching, climbing etc. The watch pocket edges have held up to this treatment so far. Something else has always gone before the watch pocket.



The watch pocket is spacious enough to be very handy for screws, nuts, washers, small bolts, power screwdriver tips, smaller drill bits, smaller nail sets, etc. I have big hands and fingers but can get stuff out of the watch pocket easily. It's nice not to have to fish for these things in a pocket full of change, keys, pocket knives and such.



The Work Horse model is the only Riggs denim version with a usable hammer loop. Other denim Riggs models offer hammer loops that are so tight that they could only be used for an upholsterer's tack hammer.



Some models provide the little pockets on the side of the right leg found in many carpenter's pants/shorts. I find the leg pockets really good for losing stuff when I hook my leg over a joist or a ladder rung so I opt for the Work Horse; no leg pockets but a hammer loop you can use.



I haven't tried the ripstop models even though they are probably cooler and are definitely lighter. They are pricey and I haven't convinced myself they would hold up to the abrasion which is the most common type of wear on the job.



Riggs Work Horse pants are the only pants I have chosen to wear on the job over the last four years of housebuilding.

These jeans are awesome! They are durable-yet comfy to wear. I love to work in these jeans. I plan to buy another couple pairs next paycheck. Just to let you know that these are good, thick jeans, so they take a while to dry when laundered (I dry them seperate).

I got these for my husband and ordered his normal size but the jeans are WAY baggy in the crotch, which makes them very uncomfortable for him. I bought 2 pairs and I'll be returning the pair he didn't wear - he's hoping a good wash in hot water will make the others wearable. They're perfectly good jeans otherwise (which is why I gave them 4 stars), maybe my husband is just too slim for them. He also won't wear his pants at the natural waist (he doesn't really have one!), he wears them at the hip so that might have something to do with it as well, although I don't know many men (blue collar-types like us especially) who wear their pants at the natural waist!

Excellent jeans. The reinforced front right and rear pockets are amazing. No more shredding denim because of a tape measure! Something the description didn't mention: The rear pockets are lined with Cordura. It's a plus if you're like me and end up with wrenches, screw drivers, and the occasional hammer in your back pocket. The fit seems about true to size, and unlike most jeans I've purchased recently there are seven belt loops instead of five. A small detail, but one I appreciate. I expect to be wearing these for quite a while.

I ordered these jeans for my husband to wear to work because the reviews said they were strong and durable. And wow, are they ever! My husband is hard on his pants. During the four years we've been together I've repaired the crotch seam in every single pair of his pants, often more than once. But he's had these for seven months now, wears them practically every day, and they're still as good as new. Even the fabric in the pockets has stayed intact. The only issue I have with them is that they are made of very heavy denim, so they take forever to dry.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Relaxed Fit Relaxed Fit Relaxed Fit