Monday 11 January 2010

Blackberry Pearl - tomtom, gps


It's hard to believe that your GPS doesn't go flying off the dashboard when using this weighted beanbag mount, but it absolutely doesn't. And it's much easier to use than a suction-cup mount, particularly if you live in an area where you need to remove or hide your GPS. Portable Friction Beanbag Dashboard Mount

This GPS pad works great. I use it for a Magellan 4000 GPS and it holds it securely on the dash of my Honda van and also on a Nissan truck. It does not slide around or move even when breaking hard or stopping suddenly. It is easy to set off the dash into the floor when I need to get out and leave the vehicle. I highly recommend this mounting pad if you don't want to have a GPS mounted to your windshield.

Great. The square shape fits perfectly in the square inlay of my Jeep Grand Cherokee. It has a firm friction grip and doesn't tip over from the wight of my TomTom One XL (which is a large gps). The only thing with the product is that the suction cup from my TomTom usually has a firm suction to the windshield but did not stick well to this bean bag mount. I used the plastic adhesive disk that came with my TomTom and stuck it to this mount and now the suction cup holds perfectly.

If you are looking for a cheap mount this is the way to go. Material on the bottom feels frictiony if that makes sense, almost sticky but not. plastic on top is great for the suction cup. i was pleasantly surprised with this purchase. I had the old garmin bag mount which was wonderful and nice because i didn't have to worry about the suction cup. but my gps and mount were stolen along with my car, so i replaced it with this and i'm happy with it!



update



this thing has a tough time in cold weather. i have had it slide clear off the dash a few times when i turned a bit sharp. really not hard. my other mount didn't slide. once it warms up above 40 or so it sticks well and doesn't slide. but take caution if you live in a cold climate, this thing may go flying.

a dinosaur Garmin C330 which looks like a mini CRT TV. Although it only has a 3.5" screen, it is huge and heavy. This bean bag can hold almost any GPS provided it has a suction cup. It is pretty stable and has not slid from my dashboard ever since I started using it. Now I feel less distracted if I have to look at the GPS screen. I can focus my eyes in front of me by placing the GPS closer to me. The bottom surface has some kind of rubbery coating that grips firmly on any surface. We have been using the Garmin 3-rubber footed tripod before, on another C330 before it got stolen. This bean bag is less clunkier making it easier to carry from car to car. We have already given up on using the windshield where the GPS fell a number of times.



Looks:

Looks pretty nice, the color seems perfect for my gray/black, mahogany accented MDX dashboard. It is black underneath and dark burgundy on top. The sleek rectangular hard surface where you put the suction cup is black.



Size:

I don't think it is too big.



Very satisfied with this purchase. It works great.

I purchased this dash mount to use with my TomTomXXl 540S GPS unit. Not many mounts will work with TomTom's short mounting bracket & large 5" screen. Most that "would" work were expensive, or permanent. I also wanted it to be portable, to use in my other cars. Other mounting systems had mixed reviews, but this one seemed to fit the bill. Good reviews, cheep, couldn't be more simple to use!!! WOW!!! This product was the PERFECT SOLUTION!!! Fits my TomTom XXL 540S Like it was made for it, but I know it wasn't made for it because it dosn 't cost $$$$. When you put this mount on the dash, console, or wherever it stays there. It never moved on a 850 mi. trip thru the hair pin turns of the Sierra mountains and back country. I couldn't make this thing budge!! My dash is not very flat, but it dosn't matter. This is a bean bag design, so it conforms to most dash,or consoles. This has to be the best GPS friction mount on the market. I paid $9.95 on Amazon. Ordering was easy and delivery was very fast. I highly recommend this product.

Live in CA so can't attach the Magellan to the windshield, apparently. Did some research and decided this was probably the best value of the pads on the market. It's very stable on the dashboard because of its weight and the 'sticky' bottom-side. Construction looks sturdy and surface of the plastic plate provides an excellent seal with the suction cup on the GPS holder. The unit came within about three days after ordering it and that was with regular shipping. The size is a little bigger than I prefer but it would undoubtedly less stable if it was much smaller. All in all, it's meeting my expectations and the price was right.

I didn't know how well this pad would grip the dashboard. It has never slipped (even on a dusty dashboard) and leaves no marks. The convenience of the pad is that you can stow all signs of a GPS unit simply by unplugging the GPS and hiding the pad/GPS combination. With suction cup designs, unless you remove the window mounts, your are letting everyone know that you have a GPS in your car.



Do yourself a favor and just buy it! - Dash Mount - Tomtom - Gps - Dashboard Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Blackberry Pearl - tomtom, gps gps Blackberry Pearl - tomtom, gps