Monday 11 January 2010

Replacement Filter - replacement filter, replacement in-refrigerator wate


This is LG's discontinued 5231JA2006A, NOT the current 5231JA2006B. I replaced my older filter when this arrived from Amazon and it works, but the current version is an improvement over this one. The problem with this filter is the price they are demanding for a discontinued product. I paid way too much for this filter as it is inferior to the current item that is available on the market. Unfortunately, the vendor doesn't make it clear exactly which filter one is purchasing, since the current product's item number appears in parentheses here on Amazon (and, as I recall, on the vendor's website). I recommend finding the current filter and paying the few extra dollars as it is superior to this one. LG 5231JA2006A Refrigerator Water Filter

5231JA2006B (or LG LT600P)is the newer and BETTER replacement filter for 5231JA2006A, and is only about $45. This seller is trying to make a killing selling the "original/old filter" to people who don't know any better. This older filter is only about $35 at most sites that still have it for sale.

After reading the debate here about the original "A" filter and the newer "B" filter, I called LG.



They stated there is absolutely no difference in the two filters, as far as performance and filtering capabilities.

I put off searching for a new LG refrigerator water filter and then typed in the model number and there it was through Amazon.com. It arrived fast with installation directions and was working right away. The price also seemed to be a good deal. I will get future ones from there too.

The filter appears to produce clean, clear, pleasant smelling water. It was priced better at Amazon than any where else, arrived early and in good condition. I really don't think there is much more you can ask for in a water filter unless you were going run tests on it and it failed, which I doubt. My refrigerator stops making ice cubes when the filter is out of date so I try to keep an extra on hand. I am very happy with the filter and pleased my refrigerator is back to making ice cubes!!

This is the exact replacement for the factory original. We have lousy water quality here and I cannot drink water from the tap. This filter works very well. It does remove odor and the water taste is excellent. The price, while expensive, is a lot less than the big box stores.

This is the fourth time that I have purchased the replacement filter for our LG Refrigerator-Freezer. They last six months and do a good job in keeping our water options clean. It would be nice if the cost was less. - Replacement Filter - Replacement Water Filters - Replacement In-refrigerator Wate - Refrigerator Filter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Replacement Filter - replacement filter, replacement in-refrigerator wate refrigerator filter Replacement Filter - replacement filter, replacement in-refrigerator wate