Saturday 23 January 2010

Kitchen - kitchen, egg cooker


I confess I am an egg poaching addict. Among the egg poachers I have tried and experimented with are the pan, cups and lid style, microwaveable units, and those products that utilize the use of 10-inch and 12-inch frying pans. I even tried a funky style where one had to use a knife blade or spoon handle to lift the egg tray to and from the pan; it worked though. Each of these products gave me good poached eggs - to a point. All were lacking in finished product desirability or method of operation. Some gave eggs that were on the thin side. Others popped out eggs a bit uncooked or overcooked or one of each, especially the microwaveable units. The best styles I used were the pan, cups and lid combos. And the best of these styles for the price, in my opinion, is this Prime Pacific 4 cup Egg Poacher. Following the instructions, with some heat and time adjustments, will get you nice looking, delicious poached eggs almost every every. (After all, sometimes chefs make errors you know.) The amount of water called for in the instructions is a bit much in my opinion; I reduce it to half and get the same results. I must confess I only make two eggs at a time, so the amount of water called for could take into consideration that four eggs are being made.



Stoves vary in performance, considering heat sources and settings. I use a gas stove, and I bring the water to a boil in the pan using the highest setting. Then I turn the heat to medium high and place the egg tray with its egg filled cups in the pan using the convenient center knob holder on the tray. Over the tray I place the see-through lid. From this point I time 5-6 minutes, after which the eggs are done on the soft side; a longer time will make them hard boiled and good for salads. (Yes! No more shelling eggs for salads - poach them instead.) You don't need to use butter or cooking spray in the cups for the eggs to drop out nicely with a nudge of a small rubber spatula, because the cups have a non-stick coating. But I put a dab of butter in the cups anyway. (Old habits are hard to break.) Your timing might be different from mine, taking your stove's performance into consideration.



The Prime Pacific 4 Cup Egg Poacher pan is deep, and this is a plus when your need a small pan for making gravies or sauteing. The product is well constructed ready to give years of good service. I spent a lot of money on egg poachers, and this one is the best of the bunch that came into my kitchen. The other egg poachers I had are now gone to friends and relatives. I am keeping this one for good. I am addicted to it. Prime Pacific 4 Cup Egg Poacher

This was a great buy for the price and works wonderful. My husband had been wanting me to make him poached eggs and so I decided to buy and egg poacher but did not want to spend alot of money. This one works liked I spent alot of money on it. Everyone should try it.

This egg poacher works very well. I'm suprised by how fast it poaches eggs. I wish the egg cups weren't as deep as they are but that is a small issue. Some of the non-stick coating was scratched in the lower pot section and underneath the cup insert but the coating was not scratched in the cups themselves where it would have been an issue. When using, all of the little picking handles on each cup must be as close to or touching the tray insert handle or the clear cover will not fit properly. Aside from those little issues, it does its job and does it well.

We really like this poacher. After having tried several in the past few years we finally found one which exceeded our expectations. The poaching cups are deep and that is one feature we really like plus getting the eggs out is a cinch. All in all a very good buy and a very good cost.

I love poached eggs and always had one of those aluminum ones no matter what eggs would stick a little but this one is the greatest it cooks perfect eggs don't sick and easy to clean so if you like poached eggs like i do then you need this

We have used this poacher several times now. It is excellent. It is made of heavier and sturdier metal and glass than I expected for the price. Two small issues. First, while each of the four egg cups has a little handle on it they are very hot to touch and it is hard to get the egg out with the sunny side up. Second, even with the no stick surface and spraying the cup with vegetable oil in advance you still have to run a thin PLASTIC blade carefully around the edge to get the egg to release. Use a plastic "knife" like they give away at fast food places. But all in all it is the best poacher we have found. Four out of five stars.

I bought this poacher for a gift for a dear friend of mine and she absolutely loves it! She told me she uses it all the time and her grandkids visit and always ask for poached eggs. The poacher washes up so fast and it works just great!

Have used this only 4 times (in 2 weeks) but love it. I use a little non-stick spray in the egg cup and the eggs come out very nicely. Do have to reduce heat or water does splash out around the edges of the lid at full boil. - Egg Poachers - Egg Cookers - Kitchen - Egg Cooker'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kitchen - kitchen, egg cooker egg poachers Kitchen - kitchen, egg cooker